Thread: Chest day

Dpyle is offline Productive Member

Chest day

Been training for a while and I've always had trouble feeling it on chest day. Till now! I may have found a routine that will work. So I thought I'd stick it up here and get some opinions. I managed to wreck my chest on Sunday and it's still sore and pumped today.
    So Sundays work out went like this

Bench press
    Set 1 warm-up 25 reps not to failure
    Set 2 failure on 12
    Set 3 failure on 7
    Set 4 drop-set with 5 reps per drop with 3 drops coming out with 18 reps total

Incline DB press superset w incline DB flys
    3 sets total with failure on rep 8 for presses and rep 12 on flys

Body weight dips
    3 sets to failure with reps being 10,8, and 6

Cable cross overs to finish
    2 sets for 15 reps.

Just wanted to throw this out here and get some opinions.

V-ROID is offline Member
    All depends on what you are trying to accomplish and I assume since this is a BB forum you are trying to get bigger so I would drop the reps and raise the weight. Flat bench I do a warm up of 10 light weight reps. Then 5 reps heavy to 6 if lucky, then 3 heavier to 4 if lucky, then 1 rep at max weight 2 reps if I am lucky on last set. After that I vary it up with flies/incline/decline whatever. As long as you are shredding it though whatever works for you!

Here are a couple photos to show the pump I still have after 2 days. One that was taken a couple weeks ago and the one today. Big difference in my eyes. May have to give this a go for a bit and see what happens.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chest day-image-2567370104.jpg   Chest day-image-3876065907.jpg  

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I like your routine, keep it up as long as you are getting results.

When you stop getting results, then your muscles are giving you a clear msg: change it up!

I also happen to disagree with a statement as made above that lifters with BB purposes in mind should necessarily go maximum weight and minimum rep on compound exercises. As a matter of fact, Pectarolis Major responds very well to 8-12 rep range.

Keep up the good work and come back for advice when this routine seems to start fading!

Thanks guys. Def like to get as many opinions as I can here. This forum had taught me many things in the months I've been around.

Blergs is offline Associate Member
    invert and flat bench, with dubells for 30-40min low max rep (6-8) till falure DONE! :-)

LATINO-MUSCULOSO is offline New Member
    sounds like a good chest workout, do you go down on weights or have to keep it at the same weight thru the exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by LATINO-MUSCULOSO
    sounds like a good chest workout, do you go down on weights or have to keep it at the same weight thru the exercise.
    Keep it at the same weight till I hit the drop-set.

ThatAthlete82 is offline Junior Member
    If your goal is to get as big of a pump in the gym as possible then it sounds like you have the right workout. Gaining strength and size(depending on your diet) is another story...

It's not so much about the pump as it is really being able to feel the workout. All previous routines I've tried have left me feeling like I've done nothing for my chest. Just kind of came up with this one on the fly Sunday and still fairly sore today. Gonna give it a go for a bit and see what happens.

rj2k10 is offline Junior Member
    I quite like decline bench press, feels like its adding mass to my lower chest & even shaping it slightly. If you're gym has a pushout machine I'd also use that, their very good for getting pumped and adding mass to your chest. Looks about the same as any normal routine though bro haha

Thread Information