EnVus Chick is offline New Member

HELP with workout please!

Hi guys,

I haven't been to the gym in a while and really want to kick my ass back into gear but need some help modifying my workout for my goals. I am 22 yrs old, 125 lbs, and am about 19% BF. Any help is appreciated! My goal is to end up like the pic of gilian michaels.

This is what I was doing.

right now i am doing 3 sets, 12-15 reps for every exercise and 45 min cardio after every work out.

legs
    squats, leg press ss w/ lying leg curl, lunges

chest
    flat bench DB press, incline DB flye, incline DB press, decline push up

back
    bent over bb row, wide pulldowns, db bench row, deadlifts

shoulders
    db bent over lateral raise, seated oh press, bb upright row, db lateral raise

bis/tris
    bb curl, hammer curl, incline db curl, skullcrushers, oh extension, rope pulldown

abs
    resisted crunches, reverse crunches, leg raises ss w/ rotations
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HELP with workout please!-jillian-michaels-01-bikini.jpg   HELP with workout please!-start.jpg  
    Last edited by EnVus Chick; 04-17-2012 at 06:14 PM.

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    is that your pic on the right?

i think you already look rather close to your goal. your abs are clear seen and your arms are rather tight. looks like the difference may only be in the bf%.

i think your workout routine is fine. keep up with the cardio and check on your diet too.

good luck!

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Maybe some slight postural changes and a change in diet would help. Can you post your diet either in the female only section or the nutrition resource section and you can be fine tuned.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

yes thats me on the right. i wasnt sure if that work out would be sufficient enough but I do have to clean up on my eating habits. Thanks for the encouragement!

I had gbrice look at my diet about a year ago...just havent been keeping up with it so i know i have a good meal plan. I feel like i am ready now though so i will be posting progress pics probably every 3 weeks.

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The workout you listed looks really substantial. 4 exercise, 3sets each, thats 12 sets per body part. I would say thats definitely enough. If you want to make it more taxing, simply decrease rest time between sets. Like 45-60sec rest in between sets.

If your diet was looked at last yr, does it need any revision? Your weight has remained the same? And activity level currently, compared to last year?

i dont think it needs revision. to be honest i didnt give the diet a fair chance. i've been very on and off at the gym over the past year so things havent changed because i havent been putting in the effort. now that im ready and have a good meal plan and work out im sure i will see results

X2006ibmgto is offline Junior Member
    Looking good to me, you sure your 19% bf?

havent checked in a while that pics from last year im about the same size now

hey guys,
    that pic i posted was from last year i didnt have time to post a new one so i took one today. I also got my bf and bmi calculated today at the gym. so for my starting point i am according to the machine...135 lbs, 30.6 % BF and 23.2 BMIClick image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-04-18 19.45.58.jpg 
Views:	3115 
Size:	306.7 KB 
ID:	122138

scorpion62 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Looks like your on track going by last years pic ,as you said once you start your diet and see where that takes you ,the workout is looking good maybe as asiandude said reduce your rest time and change your workout around by that I mean if you do legs on mondays then swap it to friday and so on just to give the body a shock of change , looking good

Thread Information