srt4wad is offline Associate Member

Sore Hams, what can I do?

Man my hams are sore, I did stiff leg deads the other day and the hams are still sore. What can I do to strech them out some? What streches can I do before I start legs? I just like touch my toes do some streching but I don't think I doing what I need to. Or it could because I have not done them in a while I have been doing just leg curls but, the machine was being used by a group of 3 dudes and I did not want to get in there way so I decided to do stiff legs.

ALso, sorry if this is not the right spot to post it was either here or nowhere.

Thanks

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You should Google stretching exercises for legs, plenty of stuff should come up.

You should stretch before, during (in between sets) and after your workout.

Stretching should go on the next day also. As a matter of fact, lifters should stretch everyday for various reasons.

Lastly, walking really helps to regenerate the sore legs. Try to walk for 20 mins. at a moderate pace after your leg workout. I always do a follow up cardio in this manner, helps a lot with the soreness. Proper stretching is still the key though.

devestating is offline Junior Member
    I stretch everyday after my workout, it feels great, try to do 2 - 3 different stretches per muscle group and hold it for 30 seconds. Dont forget that breathing is key, take deep breaths

srt4wad is offline Associate Member
    Right on. thanks.

Blog Entries
    id say if your hamys hurt the day after stiff legged dead lifts then you got a great streach and hit them hard...if you continue to do them and i would then the pain will lessen as the weeks continue but in my opinion the stiff legged dead lift is the most stimulating exersise for the hams... i love to do them after leg curls to get that deep strech...

Thread Information