traindude is offline Junior Member

How does your warm up ( stretching ) exercises looks like?

Guys,Do you guys do stretching exercises before your work out?Share your stretching exercises here.
    Thanks guys!

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It depends on the muscle group I'll be working that day...

10 min. walk on the treadmill is something I never skip.

As for upper body workouts, warming up the rotator cuff properly with lightweight dumbells is the best single warm up exercise one can do IMO.

As for lower body workouts, a much proper and overall stretching that should be a combination of both static and dynamic stretching is a necessity before getting into serious compound exercises like squats and deadlifts.

As for both upper and lower body warm ups, I always advocate implementing 2 warm up sets for the exercise that is about the be executed. You can also consider these sets as ''pump sets'', since the idea is to isometrically warm up the given muscle group(s) to pump some blood in there, this not only reduces the chance of injuries but also establishes the body-mind connection before getting into an actual working set. I also believe it promotes further growth.

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I always begin with a ten min warm up(treadmill, elliptical) then go through a quick 2-3 min over body stretch including all major muscle groups, then a better strech on the muscle groups on the muscles being worked on that day after a warm up set.

adamjames is offline Member
    i usually walk to the gym or jog so im pretty warm by the time i start training, i will do at least 2 light sets warm up with slow reps and i always stretch throughout every workout after every couple of sets, i just love the feeling of tearing the muscle even more and getting the blood rushing

i sometimes have a nice stretch on the carpet before bed always feels great!!

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    5 minutes on a stationary to get the blood flowing, then 10 minutes with some very light weights hitting all the muscle groups.

then when i hit my routines, first set is still a ridiculously light weight. then i pyramid up from there

as you get older, there is a fundamental shift in strategy from maxing out every routine/set to failure, to injury avoidance. one injury can wipe out 6 months of gains, so you learn that the warm up is an older guy's best friend.

devestating is offline Junior Member
    I jog for a mile on the treadmill. 4.9 mph for 15 minutes works out to about 1.15 mile(s) everyday pre workout

Thread Information