socalfun64 is offline Junior Member

How to strengthen supporting muscles

Hey all,

I've heard recently about over training or training to quickly and not giving the support muscles enough time to strengthen. Then when you cycle or get into heavy weights to quick, you hurt yourself causing you to have to rehab.

A couple questions, first, what are the supporting muscles, and what is the best way to strengthen them?

Thanks guys.

Never mind, I'll find out elsewhere.
    Last edited by socalfun64; 04-25-2012 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Never any replies, just views on my ?? here..

scorpion62 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Together our bones, muscles, and joints along with tendons, ligaments, and cartilage form our musculoskeletal system and enable us to do everyday physical activities , When you begin to exercise your body must immediately adjust to the change in activity level. Energy production must increase to meet demand with changes to the predominant energy system and fuel source occuring throughout the exercise in order to maintain the required level of performance.The bottom line in sports conditioning and fitness training is stress, but adaptive body stress. When we train we have to put our bodies under a certain amount of stress to increase physical capabilities. Where the stress loads are appropriate our performance will improve but if the stress loads are inappropriate then overtraining can happen

There are two dominant basic weight training philosophies

High Intensity Training- HIT calls for the trainer to workout 1-3 times a week with full body single-set routines. These are to be short but very intense workouts. The basic prescription is 8-12 reps per set always done to failure. Each and every workout is expected to produce an increase in strength so that when performing your next workout you should either look to perform more reps with the same weight or the same number of reps with a greater weight.

In a periodization program you may do light training for three weeks, followed by medium training for a few weeks and then do heavy training for the final cycle. Emphasis is not placed on achieving gains in every workout but rather on the cumulative gains after all phases. The basic idea is to change intensity and volume levels to prevent overtraining.

And you should pick your toys up of the floor it my take some time but you will get an answer at some point also rememember that there is a lot of visitors to the forum that read the posts to

**A portion of this post was used from (www. gain-weight-muscle-fast .com)
    Last edited by scorpion62; 04-25-2012 at 03:57 PM.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by socalfun64 View Post
    Hey all,

I've heard recently about over training or training to quickly and not giving the support muscles enough time to strengthen. Then when you cycle or get into heavy weights to quick, you hurt yourself causing you to have to rehab.

A couple questions, first, what are the supporting muscles, and what is the best way to strengthen them?

Thanks guys.
    Mate,
    I remembered something earlier from you, so reread your profile. disabled vet, right? not that that matters. I think you are referring to tendons/ligaments, right? those don't strengthen so quick, which is why we always tell people to NOT take steroids right off the bat since they will more likely than not, get injured. Usually, spend at least a year, preferably two, in the gym natty so you give your connective tissue a chance to toughen up. then after a couple of years, your connective tissue will have strengthened, and you will be more ready for a cycle.

so the short answer to your question, what strengthens connective tissue? the answer is "time" in the gym.

So how you doing bro? Good to see you around here!
    ---Roman

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    Mate,
    I remembered something earlier from you, so reread your profile. disabled vet, right? not that that matters. I think you are referring to tendons/ligaments, right? those don't strengthen so quick, which is why we always tell people to NOT take steroids right off the bat since they will more likely than not, get injured. Usually, spend at least a year, preferably two, in the gym natty so you give your connective tissue a chance to toughen up. then after a couple of years, your connective tissue will have strengthened, and you will be more ready for a cycle.

so the short answer to your question, what strengthens connective tissue? the answer is "time" in the gym.

So how you doing bro? Good to see you around here!
    ---Roman
    Great answer! Yep, I'm a disabled Vet. Being retired, I have a lot of free time to work out, and don't want to over do it.. That makes a lot of sense! I was thinking along those lines exactly. If I were to Blast, I was worried about over training and hurting myself. I'm doing great, thanks for welcoming me here. I realize its very busy in here.

Thanks again!

Thread Information