iwill is offline New Member

How to build Middle Back/Lats

Hi there, I have one problem growing my middle lats or middle back if you wanna call it, I have attached a picture to give an idea.

Now the green circles are what I am not bothered about because its growing fine, I did my back workout yesterday and feel soreness all over my upper lats.

But its the red circle the lower/middle lats in which I dont feel any soreness after few days or the next day of my bacj workout and neither they are growing as well.

Is there any Workout that will target that muscle only.

My back routine in: Bent Over Barbell Rows, T-Bar Rows, Seated Cable Rows ---- These are not working on middle lats and neither I feel any stretch on my middle lats with these.

Latt Pull Down, V-Bar Pull down, Bent Arm Barbell Pullovers ---- These are working great for upper lats.

Any Help :::::::
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to build Middle Back/Lats-back.jpg  

scorpion62 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It is essential that when you do any exercise that you perform the movements correctly, if you don't you will receive less then optimum benefit from the exercise. It is very difficult to unlearn bad exercise habits, so it is best to learn the right exercise technique from the very start. You can fully contract the lats only when you arch your back. When training your lats, arch your back in the fully contracted position of each lat exercise to maximize the peach contraction and get full lat development.For each back workout pick 3 of these exercises and do 4 sets for each exercise. You can vary the exercises you do for each back workout
    Deadlifts ,Bent Barbell Rows ,Arm Dumbbell Row ,Lat Pulldowns , Chin Ups , T-Bar Rows

Deadlifts is one of the best power building exercises that you can do. Deadlifts work the spinal erectors, quadriceps, buttocks, hips, forearms, trapezius, lats, and abdominals.

T-Bar Rows This exercise works the lats, spinal erectors, traps, rear deltoids, biceps, and forearms
    Stand with your legs on each side of the T-bar. Grab the handle with both hands. Slightly bend your knees to take the stress off the lower back. Keep your upper body at a 45-degree angle with the floor. Let your arms hang down in front.
    Use your lats and arm strength to pull the T-bar up and row it into your abdomen. Arch your back and squeeze your lats together to maximize the peak contraction in the back muscles. Slowly lower the T-bar back to the starting position, for variety you can do this exercise with a reverse grip to hit the back muscles from a different angle.

The lat pulldown works the lats, rear deltoids, biceps, and forearms Attach a straight bar to a high pulley. Grab the bar a bit wider then shoulder width. Sit or kneel in front of the pull down machine.
    Straighten your arms and let your lats stretch. Hold this position for a second. Arch your back slightly and pull the bar down in front of your head until the bar is just below your chin. Hold this position for a second to maximize the peak contraction. Slowly straighten your arms to the starting position ,you can vary your grip to work your back from different angles. i.e. wide grip, narrow grip, overhand, underhand, etc.

These three exercises work a treat for me but you should try and find ones you like and make sure you do them correctly thats the most important thing also I change the exercises around ie dumbbell row ,seated rows and chin ups

Philly82 is offline Junior Member
    Bent over rows and bent over barbell rows should improve your lower lats especially where they tie in to the torso. If it's not working increase the weight.

Thread Information