devestating is offline Junior Member

Doing a 5x5 routine

So I read a previous post about Dorian Yates inspired routine. If I took my current routine and did 5x5 how well would that work ? 3 exercises per muscle group, one muscle group per day, ie. chest Monday bi's Tuesday tris wendsday etc....

or should I just do what every one else does and do the Monday wendsday Friday thing all compound exercises...seems kinda boring

dooie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by devestating
    or should I just do what every one else does and do the Monday wendsday Friday thing all compound exercises...seems kinda boring
    What are you going for? Strength, size, endurance, ripped? What? I like Jim wendlers 5-3-1.. Just pick a program (there are a lot of good programs out there) and stick to it for a good 4-6 months and you will get great results

>Good Luck< is offline Productive Member
    Ive been doing reg parks beginners 5x5 and it is pretty boring, I must admit. But Turkish juiced recommended me to incorporate the 5x5 like u said, and follow the major compound exercises with isolated exercises. I will be changing the routine to accommodate these recommendations as soon as I can make a good plan. If you find /create a routine like this, please post it so I can have a look as well, please and thank you

Quote Originally Posted by dooie View Post
    What are you going for? Strength, size, endurance, ripped? What? I like Jim wendlers 5-3-1.. Just pick a program (there are a lot of good programs out there) and stick to it for a good 4-6 months and you will get great results
    I'm going mainly for size, 6 month bulk then a different plan like 3x12 for cutting for 6 months

Here's a link I found that has a 5x5 workout:

www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw56.htm

>Good Luck< is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by devestating

I'm going mainly for size, 6 month bulk then a different plan like 3x12 for cutting for 6 months

Here's a link I found that has a 5x5 workout:

www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw56.htm
    Nice link brother! Thanks for the info. Looks like a good routine

Thread Information