big88sub is offline Associate Member

can i drop protein shake after doing cardio

Ok so what I'm doing is cutting so I won't have access bf when I cycle and I've decided that every other day is going to have a strict cardio session Plus my workout in the pm and about 20 min cardio after workout. My question is do y'all think it is necessary to ( cardio in morning is fasted) have a protein shake after cardio in am. In the pm I will have protein before and after workout. So this is what I'm talking about Monday I would go to gym or ride bike in the am cardio only and then back to gym in the pm and hit the weights and then 20min Casio. Tuesday would be 45 min cardio in am then 45 min cardio in pm and thi is where I'm.wondering if I can drop the protein shake on these days post cardio or some thing like that.I'm loosing weight fast now but I'd like to see a pound a day instead of .5/.75.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    You want to lose 1lb per DAY?

Protein shakes are not necessary regardless of your exercise regime as long as the remainder of your diet is in check and perhaps with the correct use of BCAA'S.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

It would be nice. I'm on a 1000 cal deficit without working out or cardio and I realize I'd still have to burn another 2500 cals for a pound a day that's why I wanted to cut those extra cals if I didn't need them. I'll still have my protein sake before and after weight training

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Quote Originally Posted by big88sub View Post
    It would be nice. I'm on a 1000 cal deficit without working out or cardio and I realize I'd still have to burn another 2500 cals for a pound a day that's why I wanted to cut those extra cals if I didn't need them. I'll still have my protein sake before and after weight training
    Really? Seriously? 1lb per day? You do know you will lose sh1t loads of muscle too?

I'm doing good now so a pound everyday is probably a little drastic

Tx89 is offline Associate Member
    You can skip that shake no problem!
    Your general approach seems drastic man...

I'm just going to stick to what I've been doing. Half a pound a day will work and is a lot easier goal than one pound a day. I was just making sure that when I do cardio I don't need protein pre and post. When Im done with cardio only I eat my eggs and Turkey bacon/ protein and very little fat and Turkey bacon is the shit.

Tx89 is offline Associate Member
    By eating that you get protein anyway...?

That's what I'm sayin that I didn't feel that a protein shake wasn't really needed just for cardio. No advised to do so but I wanted to make sure. I still do protein pre and post workout that I do every other day to push in more cardio to drop bf and save some muscle hopefully. It's going good. Some of my muscles are starting to show themselfs a little more and it starting to look like I got a little better build then I thought. I guess all the time I've put on.at the gym was just being hidden from my poor diet.

I have to send out a bog thanks to stem,405 and awesome arch you guys got me and my diet straight and have me looking at every little macro that I eat to get the most from my effort. Y'all won't be disappointed. I'm gonna stick to it drop my bf in the low teens and then hit a good solid bulking cycle. Probably in about a month or so I might be ready. Hopefully.

Thread Information