G Lock is offline Banned

Angry Alternive to SQUATS?

ah basically I don't need any help with upperbody or nutrition just help on legs because I havn't really trained my legs much so I had to start like half a month ago so my body stays in balance.

Anyways I workout in my own house and got most of what I need the only problem is I can't squat properally with tons of weight, its not that I'm not able to do it its because my bench is very low and there is no possible way for me to unrack the weight off my back to get it back on the bench, I would have to buy one of those big ass squating racks.
    Basically I've been trying to put the most weight I can on the bar that I can lift back off of my back. Pretty much I military press the weight back off but I bench my legs then squat up while pressing the weight off to get it off easier.

Pretty much is there any alternate way to squat or something close to effective as them?
    I was doing squats with the barbell, with dumbbells, lunges, weighted calf raises, leg extentions and other things for legs but since squats are like the king of the leg exercises and thats the only exercise I cant fully put max weight on because I cant put it back on the bench is there any way to do a certain squat that is a variation?

If not I guess Ill have to buy a rack

BulkCity is offline Junior Member
    hate to be the bearer of bad news
    But nothing can subsitute squats

Also neglecting legs is a really bad idea, your body likes to grow as a whole, if legs arnt growing you would be surprised how the rest of your body's growth is slowed down, I would catch up on legs dramatically if i were you.
    The only advice i can really give, is that if you are serious about training, a rack is needed in my opinion

G Lock is offline Banned
    ah oh well guess I'll have to buy a rack or something, I was trying to hit legs twice a week

DanB is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by G Lock
    ah oh well guess I'll have to buy a rack or something, I was trying to hit legs twice a week
    A couple of stands for the bar mabey $50 and some blocks as a rack and your g2g

Won't be pretty though..:...

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Best ''free weight alternative'' to squatting is the dumbell lunge exercise.

crazy_rocks is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Juicer View Post
    Best ''free weight alternative'' to squatting is the dumbell lunge exercise.
    us power runner machine ot. you can lift with it not just run training

jg2243 is offline Junior Member
    Look up ...Zercher squats no rack needed.. I still do these ever once in awhile

G Lock is offline Banned
    Thanks for the info I'm defiantly gonna try this out next time I hit legs. I put the bar on my bench so I can my arms under it easier but ya I don't know how I never herd of those yet, then again I was never into legs that much which is why I had to force my self to hit legs a month back.

One thing I wonder how effective are they compared to regular squats like do they still hit the muscles good? Good enough to were I would at least see some gains you think by doing this exercise over a period of time?

Ah guess I'll find out when I do them for a while, its not like I can do regular squats until I buy a rack anyways, thanks for the info bro

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    dumbell squats or lunge.

if you're thinking of buying a rack, might as well go to a gym. its definitely cheaper.

G Lock is offline Banned
    Reason why I was trying to buy tons of stuff to workout in my own house is #1 I can do it anytime with ease just wake up in my own house and go lol
    and #2 like for my bench press I do pyramids then reverse pyramids 8 sets looks like this
    10reps, 8 reps, 6 reps, 4 reps, 1-2 reps, 3-5 reps, 8-11 reps, 11-15 or till failure I found this workout on the bench to be most effective for me

but anyways doing 8 sets seems like it might piss people off in the gym kinda would take up all their time hahah Not to mention I like to do some incline after I can just see them now like you little bastard I WANNA BENCH!

NP though my neighbor goes to 24 hr fitness and I've went with him a few times I think your allowed to one extra person along

I just like having easy access to weights in my own house although you can't beat some of the gym equipment like leg press machines, tricep pushdowns with the rope or whatever the hell theyre called and some other ones.

I mean I have enough stuff in my house to build a good bit of muscle but I probably should either buy a couple more things or go to a gym more often to get the best out of everything. Wonder how much a squat rack cost probably a shit load

Thread Information