nickyrog is offline New Member
    Typical chest day..
    4 sets of incline dumbbell press last set is a triple drop set. Reps 15 12 10 8
    4 sets of flat bench last set is a triple drop set. Reps 10 10 10 8
    Weighted dips 3 sets to failure
    Incline fly 3 sets 10 to 12 reps each set
    Decline flys 3 sets of 10 to 12 reps
    Low cable crossovers ss with medium cable cross overs ss with high cable crossovers. And I do this 3 times for 12 to 15 reps each exercise.
    Than to finish I complete 50 total pushups. I'm already spend so I shout for 20 reps each set but I don't always get there.

Legs.
    Leg extensions 4 sets last set is a triple drop set. Reps 15 12 10 8
    Squats 4 sets last set is a triple drop set. Reps 10 10 8 6
    Lunges ss with bodyweight squats on the bosu ball. Reps for lunges are 10 10 10 10 bosu ball squats are to failure do this 3 times
    Leg press 4 sets last set is a triple drop set. Reps 10 10 8 8
    Stiff leg deads. 4 sets last set is a triple drop set reps are 15 12 10 8
    Lying leg curls 4 sets 8 to 12 reps depending

When doing my triple drop set I drop the weight by approx 30 percent each time.and shoot for 6 reps

Too lazy to write the rest haha I take approx 40 seconds rest between sets no longer than a minute. I dunno if you people on this forum will find this hard but this type of workout kills me I'm sweating like crazy, doing this I find I build muscle while burning fat.. I've been training like this now for approx 4 months and have seen some great results while keeping natural. I would like to get people's opinion on weather they think this is overtraining. And if I decide to hop on a cycle should I switch things up ?

My stats now are 168 and 7 % bf at 6 feet tall
    Last edited by nickyrog; 06-09-2012 at 03:47 PM.

aportinastorm is offline Junior Member
    Do you only work chest and legs? How often do you do these routines?

Nah man I train everything these are just examples.my shoulder back and arms workouts are similar. I train everything once a week. But on leg days and shoulders I complete a total of 50 wide grip pull ups

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    As long as you eat what you need to eat, you are not over-training with this once-a-week kill-the-muscle training regimen.

By looking at your stats, you are either under-eating or have a really fast metabolism.

I would post my diet in detail and take it from there.

Right now I'm getting approx 2200 cals at a 40 40 20 split..I plan on bulking in august..and yes I do have a fast metabolism. Before my last injury I was at 195 with approx 12 percent body fat but I was eating I'd say close to 4000 cals a day and consuming a pile of carbs. For the summer I want to stay around 7 percent body fat maybe even as low as 5 percent..my strength has been pretty steady. I have dropped some but not too much

2200 cals is a bit low for your current BW, especially considering the volume of your workouts.

I would increase the calories again (not necessarily to 4000) and perform coherent cardio sessions throughout the week to keep the fat away since I am not going to advice you to stay at 2200 cals and pull back on the volume of your workouts.

Man I'll give it a go. I still want to put on muscle ya I should bump up the cals. I'll probley start with bumping up the cals approx by 500 to 800 for a week and see how my body responds befor I needed around 2800 to maintain my bodyweight so I might even bump it to 3000 or 3200 and still keep my cardio fair consistent

^^^ My suggestion for TDEE would also be around 3200cals with your current stats and high volume training regimen. Do cardio and particularly stay away from simple sugars, fast-food, pre-packaged food, fried food and etc. if you want to keep the fat away while bulking.

Oh for sure.. My carbs are made up from brown rice and sweet potato, some times white and Ezekiel bread. Protein is made mostly of chicken fish turkey and extra lean ground beef..fats from olive oil and almond butter.. I do tend to put dextrose in my post workout shake. If I don't have any of that I'll just have a banana or a kiwi.

Why no oats for carbs?

Yea I throw oats in there.. Sometimes for breakfast of whenever I'm in a rush and no time to eat I'll throw a cup or half cup of oats in my protein shake along with some spinagge.

Thread Information