Jonnyg419 is offline Member

forcing calf growth

I have heard that if you over train a certain muscle for a limited amount of time it can be beneficial, I am looking to bulk right now and I want to put a lot of emphasis on calf development, if I were to overtrain them for 3 weeks, working them 5 days a week even when they are still sore, does that actually help, or is that a bunch of bologna??

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    remembber, muscle only grows at rest. overtraining does not provide the necessary rest for growth. it may actually detrimental if training every day and damaging muscle fiber and not giving it a chance to regrow.

You can go 2x a week on calves if you want.

yeah I feel you man, and I totally agree that muscles grow from rest and proper nutrition, but I have heard that once or maybe twice a year you can force new growth by intentionally overtraining a muscle group, I was just wondering if anyone has tried this with good results.

yeah I feel you man, and I totally agree that muscles grow from rest and proper nutrition, but I have heard that once or maybe twice a year you can force new growth by intentionally overtraining a muscle group, I was just wondering if anyone has tried this with good results.

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyg419;6044733 ...[B
    I have heard that once or maybe twice a year you can force new growth by intentionally overtraining a muscle group[/B], I was just wondering if anyone has tried this with good results.
    Don't believe everything you hear, especially from bros.

You can ''intentionally'' overload a muscle group to force for further growth, which should be a part of your lifting regimen at any rate; however, there is vast difference between the terms ''over training'' and ''over loading''.

Never over train, but make sure you overload when you can.

OK, it is true...sometimes I hear people say some weird stuff, sometimes it sounds good on paper, but application is a totally different story

ali_baba is offline Junior Member
    I had chicken legs for a while and did a fair amount of research to try to get them bigger, and have since put an inch on each leg in a year or so. Throughout my research I have found that aside from the regular shocking and good training principles we all know, there are a few tricks that worked for me. When I do calf raises, I rotate my feet a little bit with each rep so they end up something like this /\ || \/. This helps do develop the calf muscle fully all around. Aside from that, the calves grow with high rep workouts, and by high rep I mean thousands of reps (as in walking). They get bigger as you run more and as you get heavier. Hence why runners (who use their calves a lot) and fat people (who are constantly supporting heavy weight) have large calves.

stpete is offline Banned
    I work them twice a week. Once on arm day w/low reps, heavy as hell. Then again on leg day w/high reps.

Van_City is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ali_baba View Post
    I had chicken legs for a while and did a fair amount of research to try to get them bigger, and have since put an inch on each leg in a year or so. Throughout my research I have found that aside from the regular shocking and good training principles we all know, there are a few tricks that worked for me. When I do calf raises, I rotate my feet a little bit with each rep so they end up something like this /\ || \/. This helps do develop the calf muscle fully all around. Aside from that, the calves grow with high rep workouts, and by high rep I mean thousands of reps (as in walking). They get bigger as you run more and as you get heavier. Hence why runners (who use their calves a lot) and fat people (who are constantly supporting heavy weight) have large calves.
    Good tip... And a inch in a year is pretty good !!

JAB1 is offline Member
    Dont have advice but I will say my calves have actually shrunk since I stopped jumping rope daily, even though Im eating more, lifting heavier, and juicing......so yeah seems like some high rep activity may work

castiron is offline Associate Member
    go climb some mountains, with a heavy backpack. seriously, its very effective.

Thread Information