Thread: Lats!!!

love2lift is offline New Member

Lats!!!

My lats just dont seem to grow like everything else, and I work them just as hard. I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice or post a good back workout the prioritizes lats....especially width (the wide V look). I normally start my back workout with wide grip chins, then lat pulldowns, and then do 2 other back exercises (depending on the week) of either deadlifts, and/or different rowing exercises. So any help or advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    To get the V look, a wide lat spread with a small waist line has to be there. make sure you body fat is low.

you already do chin ups, so why do pull downs??? Choose one or the other. do 4 sets - 2 heavy sets, 2 light sets

bent over rows are good

and deads I think would be a must!! to any back workout

Also i have not tyied this yet but I read one article and this guy said go to the chin up bar and tie on a 45lbs plate or more to your dipping belt then go as wide as you can with your grip, next just grab the bar and hang there for as long as you can. He stated this will give you one hell of a back!!!
    abstrack@protonmail.com

yellows2k is offline Member
    make sure u are "pulling" with your lats and not your arms

love2lift is offline New Member
    Thanks for the imput guys.....i do ocasionally do weight chins aswell.
    How can I make sure im not pulling with my arms, if infact i am?? For example with pulldowns, how can i make sure i'm using only lats??

Thread Information