travaldavas_taz is offline Junior Member

Any suggestions on a routing?

Hey whats up everybody!
    Hows everybody?
    Well im starting to workout again after i had my surgery! :S
    So what do you guys Think is best for me to start all over again.. By the way i was working out until i had my surgery...

Im 5'11
    I weight 163 lb

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-1907353454.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	385.2 KB 
ID:	124842

And this is me..

Any comment is welcome!
    Thanks!

dep30 is offline Associate Member
    proper nutrition and exercise would do you best from your pic. age? what kind of surgery?

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Welcome back!
    The biggest key to success is to not get impatient and not expect big results over night. Looking at your frame, you should learn to eat. Sounds overly simplistic, I know. But go ahead and check out our nutrition section where you will find stickies at the top that will explain what type of diet you need to start growing.
    Good luck!
    ---Roman

Quote Originally Posted by dep30
    proper nutrition and exercise would do you best from your pic. age? what kind of surgery?
    Im 19 and my surgery was like on my chest...
    And yeah i'll post another pic tomorrow..

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman
    Welcome back!
    The biggest key to success is to not get impatient and not expect big results over night. Looking at your frame, you should learn to eat. Sounds overly simplistic, I know. But go ahead and check out our nutrition section where you will find stickies at the top that will explain what type of diet you need to start growing.
    Good luck!
    ---Roman
    I know i suck on diet... Because im always in school and then from there work.. So i just grab whatever is close..
    And yeahh of course i know its not going to be easy to get some result and i know it wont be overnight lol
    Thanks i will look at the nutrition section see what they have for me!

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by travaldavas_taz

I know i suck on diet... Because im always in school and then from there work.. So i just grab whatever is close..
    And yeahh of course i know its not going to be easy to get some result and i know it wont be overnight lol
    Thanks i will look at the nutrition section see what they have for me!
    Diet is everything. Without it you really won't hit the goals you want. There will always be distractions: school, work, girls, family, career...etc. It never ends. Life gets in the way all the time, but if something is important and you want it bad enough, you'll find a way.

Most nutrition comes down to planning. Figuring out what you need to eat (and what you shouldn't) and preparing your meals ahead of time so you don't have to grab "what's convenient". Pretty much anything that's convenient isn't going to be the right food choice. I keep a daily nutrition log where I write everything down and track my macros. A lot of people will call you crazy....but then again, a lot of people will never look like this;

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-3414939266.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	153.0 KB 
ID:	124844

>Good Luck< is offline Productive Member
    Hey dude, looking at your picture, you should start by quitting whatever you smoked before the picture... Yea... It's a good start.

As for a routine, a great start is where Arnold started when he trained with Reg park. It's a 5x5 routine and will help you build a solid foundation to in a reasonable amount of time. Google Reg parks beginners 5x5. Reg park was a tank long before steroids existed. He's my idol in the training world, and made Arnold what he was

Quote Originally Posted by JustJoe
    Hey dude, looking at your picture, you should start by quitting whatever you smoked before the picture... Yea... It's a good start.

As for a routine, a great start is where Arnold started when he trained with Reg park. It's a 5x5 routine and will help you build a solid foundation to in a reasonable amount of time. Google Reg parks beginners 5x5. Reg park was a tank long before steroids existed. He's my idol in the training world, and made Arnold what he was
    Lol what? Does it look like i smoke?
    I dont like i really dont.. That day i went to a paint party... But i mean i know im not going to be able to do alot of things once i start working out.. And i know some of them are going to be for my own good.. So i really want to take the risk hehe..

Quote Originally Posted by travaldavas_taz

Lol what? Does it look like i smoke?
    I dont like i really dont.. That day i went to a paint party... But i mean i know im not going to be able to do alot of things once i start working out.. And i know some of them are going to be for my own good.. So i really want to take the risk hehe..
    Sorry bro, u look stoned... Either way, take some time to train before u take "the risk" aka steroids . U need a solid base or ull regret it. U will not get big off steroids if your not properly prepared so be patient and learn what you need to know before you go making decisions that will have reverse effect from what you want to achieve. Train for a good while and don't think you are an exception to science. Steroids and bodybuilding/weight training are a real science. If you screw up the equation, your end result will be wrong. Good luck brother and read everything you can!

calebf81 is offline New Member
    Im new to this site and posted a thread about doing a 5x5 to start so i can build a solid foundation then do more advanced routines. But i was recommended to do 4 exercises with 10-12 reps.. would you agree?
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJoe View Post

Quote Originally Posted by calebf81
    Im new to this site and posted a thread about doing a 5x5 to start so i can build a solid foundation then do more advanced routines. But i was recommended to do 4 exercises with 10-12 reps.. would you agree?
    Well it depends on where you are at in experience and what your goals are. 5x5 is very good for increasing strength because you max your weight out for low reps. This will give you new strength and a solid foundation. If you have a foundation and want to bulk up, then 8-10 is what you need. You can still use a 5x5 routine but incorporate isolation exercises after each 5x5 exercise. Example 5x5 squats followed by 3-12's leg extensions and 3-12's leg curls. Etc.
    Last edited by >Good Luck<; 07-27-2012 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJoe

Sorry bro, u look stoned... Either way, take some time to train before u take "the risk" aka steroids. U need a solid base or ull regret it. U will not get big off steroids if your not properly prepared so be patient and learn what you need to know before you go making decisions that will have reverse effect from what you want to achieve. Train for a good while and don't think you are an exception to science. Steroids and bodybuilding/weight training are a real science. If you screw up the equation, your end result will be wrong. Good luck brother and read everything you can!
    Thanks man, i wasnt planning on going to steroids till my mid 20's.... Right now i wanna go all natural ..

calebf81 is offline New Member
    Well i havent been to the gym in over a year, lost all the muscle that i had. I was doing shrugs, with way to much weight and bad form ( i was in a hurry) so i fractured a couple vertabraes. Im healed 100%. so im pretty much starting from scratch like a 7th grade girl. Could i get recommendations for a type of workout?
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJoe View Post
    Well it depends on where you are at in experience and what your goals are. 5x5 is very good for increasing strength because you max your weight out for low reps. This will give you new strength and a solid foundation. If you have a foundation and want to bulk up, then 8-10 is what you need. You can still use a 5x5 routine but incorporate isolation exercises after each 5x5 exercise. Example 5x5 squats followed by 3-12's leg extensions and 3-12's leg curls. Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by calebf81
    Well i havent been to the gym in over a year, lost all the muscle that i had. I was doing shrugs, with way to much weight and bad form ( i was in a hurry) so i fractured a couple vertabraes. Im healed 100%. so im pretty much starting from scratch like a 7th grade girl. Could i get recommendations for a type of workout?
    I'd say 5x5 would be okay and take it real easy to start. Slow and steady always wins the race! No point in starting off hardcore and only lasting a month before injury... Probably a solid 3 months of light intensity training will get u primed. Reg parks beginners 5x5 is great! And fun too!

Thread Information