Thread: need to know

rico40 is offline New Member

Question need to know

ok guy's, what is the best way to bench wide grip or close grip? also where can i go and visualy see the proper way to do waight lifting techniques??? sorry for the spelling.
    thanks

cdog is offline Associate Member
    rico40 to bench with wide grip or or close grip is up to you however I feel that by benching with your grip a little bit closer is better for size becouse it gives you a better range of motion .The most important part is that you make sure to have your elbows out this will place more stress on your chest.

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

what is your idea of close grip?

widegrip can activate ancilliary muscles, medium grip which i think is what you mean by close grip will make you feel more comfortable probably.you will be able to use potentially more weight this way, but the # on the bar is insignificant if formis poor and target muscles can't be stimulated.close grip is going to be all tricep and front delt secondary work.

solidj55 is offline Member
    it depends on what your training for. for powerlifting wide grip, for bodybuilding a moderate grip a little wider than shoulder width, for a sports function(football, martial arts, etc) i would recomend a close grip(shoulder width or maybe a hair closer) because it has more real world use. but this is strictly my opinion.

Thread Information