hyphy_beast is offline Associate Member

Training while sick

I'm one week after my last pin, was planning on hitting it hard today but I'm sick. Should I just rest so I can feel better and take the day off ? Just worried if I go train it will extend me feeling under the weather...

Dano44 is offline New Member
    In the past, if I felt the slightest cold or mildest back pain coming on, I would skip a day. Now-a-days, I train with a hard core to the bone Marine, who insists that you work through the aches pains and colds. In the past nine months I've been lifting with the dude, he's has taken off one day for a root canal. Currently, I try my best not to skip a day and I take take a vitamin supplement which will boost up your immune system.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Please do not go to the gym if you are sick!

I see others coming to the gym with the sniffles, or coughing, or whatever, spreading their germs. if you are sick and come to the gym, guarantee you will be infecting others.

Please stay home and rest.

Thanks mate!

scorpion62 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    ^^^ I agree with TR, I have just missed this week due to having the cold , its better to rest just keep up your food intake and hit the gym when your 100% ,plus the rest will do you no harm

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Agree with the two posts above.

While the work sick stuff is great for a Marine core mindset or a casual athlete, it really has no place for someone who works out seriously. This is because if you do workout seriously you should be working to the full extent of your bodies ability to recover when it is 100%, hence if you are sick you will be overtraining which we all know is counterproductive.

Well thanks for the feedback guys... However I got some energy and went and hit it anyway lol. Didn't really think about spreading my germs to anyone of course, probably cause I'm always thinking about myself. Anyway, I'm glad I went. I took my vitamins, zinc, and some airborne and got a good shoulder and trap session in I actually feel a lot better.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    next time you get sick from the gym, remember how it all started........................

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman
    next time you get sick from the gym, remember how it all started........................
    Honestly I never even thought about that aspect... I will be more conscious and considerate of my fellow gym rats next time. I mean at least bring some hand sanitizer lol

MrJuice is offline Junior Member
    Stay home mate, im sure other gym members dont wish to be infected by fellow gym goers

Thread Information