Bevsta123 is offline Member

Under Developed Tris.

Well lasnight in the gym comparing my tris with the rest of my body i had come to the conclusion that my tris are under developed, any tips and exercises anyone can give to help better my tris or help point me in the right direction?

MrJuice is offline Junior Member
    I find skull crushers, tricep pushdown and close grip bench to be a good mass builder. You also have to keep in mind that your triceps may be genetically lagging behind.

stpete is offline Banned
    ^^^ That's what i was going to say. and super set the v-bar push downs w/the close grip and skull crushers.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Work on exercises what will bulk and give size to the tri's, heavy close grip bench press, dips and skulls. Build the size first them you can shape them but first of all get some meat on there by heavy bulking exercises.

OnTheSauce is offline Banned
    I started doing triceps kickbacks at the beginning of chest/tri day and they blew up. Have stretch marks on them. Concentrate less on the weight and more on the squeeze at the top of the rep. I find doing isolated triceps exercises very slow and controlled makes a big difference in their development

DanB is offline Banned
    do you know which head of the tries is underdeveloped? this would help alot as different exercises cover different heads

although marcus pretty much covered it, mabey try that for a couple months and post your progress?

OnTheSauce is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB
    do you know which head of the tries is underdeveloped? this would help alot as different exercises cover different heads
    True.

Quote Originally Posted by DanB View Post

although marcus pretty much covered it, mabey try that for a couple months and post your progress?
    Thanks you lot, cause recently iv dropped the weight and focusing more on the form aiming for the 10-12 rep range going for roughly 10 sets worth of tri exercises. should i be aiming for a weight that lets me push out 6-8 reps?

thought its worth mentioning i hit tris at the end of my chest workout (mondays) and i hit chest and arms again on a friday, mainly because my legs and back seem to develop some what faster

While i got a thread open you guys got any tips on rounding your chest? Iv started focusing on doing incline DB/Bench (alternate every monday/friday) anything else i should consider?
    Last edited by Bevsta123; 09-19-2012 at 03:16 AM.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    I prefer to isolate arms.... Always have and it's worked well for me

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Work on exercises what will bulk and give size to the tri's, heavy close grip bench press, dips and skulls. Build the size first them you can shape them but first of all get some meat on there by heavy bulking exercises.
    agree!

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    what set and rep range are we looking at?

Rep range bump

Bulkn is offline Productive Member
    Rep range i would change it every so often but probably wouldnt go below 8 and no more than 18.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkn View Post
    Rep range i would change it every so often but probably wouldnt go below 8 and no more than 18.
    Would you say thats good for putting mass on my tris? (Low weight, high reps)
    Last edited by Bevsta123; 09-24-2012 at 05:38 AM.

Bulkn is offline Productive Member
    Just try and see what works best for you. My mate has good arms and he does low reps like 6-8 most of the time then theres other guys that stick around 10-12 most the time and that works for them. Its also a genetic thing, ive tired everything for my arms and they are my lagging body part im finding it really hard to bring them up.

Thread Information