Thread: Cardio

Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member

Cardio

Which is the best way to burn fat through Cardio?

1) Empty Stomach first thing in the morning
    2) Right after lifting
    3) HITT

I usually do cardio after lifting but as summer approaches I want to kick things up a notch. I have the time to do it in the morning. I was just curious as to what others think is the best way to do cardio

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    All 3 will burn fat.

If you want to accelerate this process and have the extra time to perform more cardio, then my suggestion would be a combination of a 20 min. HIIT session right after lifting and a 45 min. lower intensity (130bpm max.) fasted cardio in the morning 5-6 days a week. You should see results within a few weeks.

Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    Lol no way my old ass knee's could handle 6 day a week cardio

I think the most I can do is 4 maybe 5 if I ice every night.

but thanks for the advice i am going to mix it up this week.

I would certainly avoid performing HIIT on a treadmill if I had bad knees. Those sprints will make it worse.

Elliptical is about the safest cardio one can perform concerning joints, the amount of stress it puts on joints is next to none given its mechanical design.

I would perform only walking on treadmill and HIIT or any other intense routine on the elliptical if I had bad knees...
    Last edited by Turkish Juicer; 05-06-2012 at 12:45 PM.

Elias is offline Associate Member
    i am not trying to hijack ur thread but i was wondering about it. i do 6 days/week fasted cardio: joggin for 40mins.

Turkish juicer do u suggest doing also hiit after training??? and if am gona do so what about my pwo shake? shld i take it or leave it for after hiit? thanx!

Quote Originally Posted by Elias View Post
    Turkish juicer do u suggest doing also hiit after training??? and if am gona do so what about my pwo shake? shld i take it or leave it for after hiit? thanx!
    1. If you want to accelerate fat burning process, then why not also do 20 min of HIIT after lifting? It should also help with the recovery of previously damaged/torn muscle fibers by pumping blood in there.

2. As for the PWO shake, drink whatever your PWO shake is now after you are done with your HIIT. As for its timing, I would NEVER drink a PWO shake right before HIIT nor recommend anyone to do so for obvious reasons. It will mess you up bro.

cruyff is offline Junior Member
    I no longer do cardio except for daily activities (I am active though) and stay quite lean. But when I did, I always found training cardio separately with a fair amount of intensity to be far more effective.

Currently I shed fat by using supersets ala German Body Comp training. Though I design my workouts based on weak links and my own capacity. Gironda's 8x8 has also done me well.

jamesc55 is offline New Member
    What sort of results does HIIT create that are not accomplished through routine cardio?

Thread Information