Thread: soreness

fusion777 is offline Junior Member

soreness

Hi all gotta quick question sorry if its a dumb one , Ive heard people saying that if your sore it means your working out right , well when i started i was definitley getting sore and now Im about two months of commited working out and i dont get as sore as i used to does that mean Im doing something wrong ?

red_hulk is offline Member
    Could just be that your muscles are used to the routine so it doesn't impact then as much. Try switching things up a bit for a few weeks and you should feel it again

thats what i was planning on doing. but if you think about it even if you switch your bicep workout your still working out your bicep, so I'm just guessing I gotta hit the weights harder ! , but anyways thanks for the input was hoping for more people to comment.

No. Hand placement, ROM, rep speed, and rep range all come into play. If you can hit the weights harder than you should, if you've been slacking then that's your answer. If not then what I said is your answer.

Plus you don't need to get sore for muscle growth.

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Its normal not to get sore once the muscle has been stimulated multiple times.

jm0201 is offline New Member
    First of all theres no silly questions. Its better asked, laughed at maybe, then answered than leaving you in the unclear.
    Anyhow like the above both say, your mucles over time will be getting used to it after a while. Its like running, you will be shattered after a say a 10 mile run, but do that repeated for a year you will get used to it. To stop this with weights switch up the routine and you will soon be sore again. If pon chest you done bench then say cable fly then push up. Do the push ups for a change at the start plus dips and miss cables. when you get used to this i.e not as as sore again switch it again.
    Muscles get used tot he same thing so you need to shock them so they cant tell whats coming and have to try harder

you guys are awesome , thus forum is awesome , I really appreciate the advice thank you !

PrideR is offline Junior Member
    soreness does not equal muscle growth. Just change your routine/reps/tempo

Thread Information