Thread: Chest isolation

br808 is offline New Member

Question Chest isolation

I have noticed lately that when chest day comes around my shoulders are just as sore as my chest, which means i am not isolating my chest enough in my opinion. Anyone got any tips or exercises that completely isolate the chest from the shoulders? I know incline/ flat flys work but what else? thanks bros....

yellows2k is offline Member
    where do you grip the bar when u bench? Alot of people are delt pushers....

br808 is offline New Member
    Since i noticed the problem i have been gripping in a little closer instead of my usual grip because my arms are so damn long. I drag my knuckles on the ground when i walk

withoutd0ubt is offline Associate Member
    use dumbells, they are a lot easier to control pec contractions with and you can 'close' them at the top to get a bigger squeeze than on bench

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    When benching squeeze your shoulder blades together and roll your shoulders back towards the bench. This will help keep your chest isolated.

Domestic is offline Associate Member
    well, the best excersize that i have found to isolate the chest would be Pec Deck Fly. it does work the Anterior Deltoid thought, but more chest then anything else.

also, dumbbell bench press instead of barbell. since there is no bar to stabilize, you have to use your chest muscles more. i press 300lbs using dumbbells (150lbs on each dumbbell) and my chest was sore for 3 days. lol, first time in along time i was sore after a work out.

Thread Information