Terminator is offline Associate Member

How do yal feel about amount of time spent working out?

Many sources I've found suggest 2muscle groups and hour tops.. My question isive been working out nearly 2years now and all tho I do feel like I get a good workout in an hour or maby alil longer..could I increase my time without over working or should I focus on geting more in the hour I spend?

gunnery is offline Junior Member
    i personally do 3 muscle groups in an hour and a half and love it on or off cycle and seem to respond well all the time plus i kinda superset and get a little cardio too outs the deal! when im on cycle ill do 5 different excercises per muscle group somedays x 3 groups and seem to grow too. without be too beat up!

Terminator is offline Associate Member
    How many days aweek do you train?

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    I hit my entire body twice a week. An hour a day or so, so minimum 6 hours a week. I try to get in and out as quickly as possible. I don't see the gym as a social venue like some of the assholes I see down there that monopolize equipment unnecessarily long.

OKCity is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator
    Many sources I've found suggest 2muscle groups and hour tops.. My question isive been working out nearly 2years now and all tho I do feel like I get a good workout in an hour or maby alil longer..could I increase my time without over working or should I focus on geting more in the hour I spend?
    I like an hour and half. For me 2 muscle groups anything faster I feel like I rush the routine and tend to get out of form. Man should check out the website athlean X! He has got some good techniques on there as far as muscle groups vs time.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    I spend about 45min-60min in the gym, the shorter the better for me. I hit my body hard and intense and go home and feed. Staying the in the gym for over an hour is counterproductive IMHO if your looking to build and gain muscle tissue.

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    I hit my entire body twice a week. An hour a day or so, so minimum 6 hours a week. I try to get in and out as quickly as possible. I don't see the gym as a social venue like some of the assholes I see down there that monopolize equipment unnecessarily long.
    x2....some ppl use it as a club? same guys all huddled together for hrs...?
    any where from 45min to 75min depending on cardio or not, I really want to get in and out I almost never take more than a 30 sec break, I just do other exercises or run in place...anything more I start to feel depleted as the week goes on...I work out plenty at work lol.

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yea. I train HIIT typically with some modification. I have a 4 day split, and I manage 40-50mins for a workout. I keeps rest periods short (15-25seconds). If I reach an hour in my session, I start to feel like I'm spent, regardless how mucho have done.

Krugerr

evander87 is offline Senior Member
    I Do as Marcus and TR do. I hit muscle groups twice a week, lifting 6 days a week. Target time lifting is 45-60 minutes. That stays the same year round. When I'm cutting I'll add in 45 minutes of cardio.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

bigbadaboom is offline New Member
    It really just depends. If you are hitting each body part once a week then you can probably expect to spend more than an hour to make sure you hit all angles of the muscle group and really rip them up. If you are hitting each muscle group more than once a week you probably wanna keep your workouts under an hour so that you don't end up over training.

Thread Information