LAW08 is offline New Member

Muscle growth and shape

I'm new to the site and am asking questions on various forums.

I have been training for a while, but I battle to really see results on my arms or legs or in the chest. For example I will up my strength and weight, but the measured size gain is minimal. I can go from 100kg bench to 160kg bench and it hurts and I get a pump, but I cannot get shape. I went from leg pressing 200kg to almost 400kg, but yet no visible growth or sign of actual muscle shape. My biceps will gett a bit more rounded, but my triceps, well you would swear they not there.

I'm really frustrated, I have done a course of steroids and I got hellova stronger and puffed up and that was it. No measurable gain after stopping and no shape??

Is there anyone who could assist with a good solid lifting programme? My cardio will be changed to mornings now and ill be upping it to around 30 - 40 minutes every morning.

Thanks in advance

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    What does your current weight traianing program look like?

Monday: Legs = Extensions, Leg press, Squats, Calves
    Tuesday: Chest = Incline dumbells. Flat Dumbbells, Flys, Crossover machine
    Wednesday: Back = Pull ups, bent over barbell rows, 1 arm rows, upright rows
    Thursday: Shoulders = Standing over head press, seated dumbell press, Front raises, side raises, Shrugs
    Friday: Arms: Biceps = standing alternating dumbell curl, eazi bar curl, flat bar curl, cconcentration curls
    Triceps = Eazi bar scull crushers (slight incline), single arm dumbell tricep extension, Dips, pushdowns

There are days when i feel pretty beat up after training, but then think i'm over training and not focussing on the muscle properly.

OnTheSauce is offline Banned
    you only do 3-4 exercises for you whole workout.... except on arm days. lol.

Well Patrick

Instead of laughing, how about some advice? If you want to laugh and not help, shut it.

bigsiv is offline Productive Member
    Been in the exact same position mate gets really frustrating. I've tried a couple of different things which helped me may not help you but if your willing to try.....

Drop sets, sets till failure, more sets with less rest, pyramid sets and good one that I'm doing now super sets.

For me variety is key because the body is quick to adapt just my opinion hope this helps good luck!

evander87 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick4588 View Post
    What wrong with that?

My old strength and conditioning coach would have us do 3-4 exercise per muscle group and alter our rep range every couple weeks (very simplified explanation for the sake of argument)

Thanks guys.

Am trying to put a good solid routine together at the moment.

Looking at 30 - 40 minute cardio session every morning. Maybe some abs??

Sunday
    Monday
    Tuesday
    Wednesday
    These for weight training days.. Combining shoulders and triceps / back and biceps and then one day for chest, one day for legs and then hit cardio only for day 5.

Thinking of doing 1 heavy set and then 4 mid heavy failure sets to try keep the numbers up.... any thoughts?

Phased is offline Banned
    I'll help you, let's start from the top
    Curren Stats
    Current or past cycles

Current stats:
    102kg
    BF: poor, been off gym more than 2 months probably bet 28 & 32%

Training is normally 6 days with around 15 minutes cardio after each weight session.
    Past cycles:

I used dianobol alone- poor advice from a trainer

Used Winstrol and anavar stack. Win 40, var 40 every day

My biggest course was: win 40
    Test prop 1ml 3 days a week
    Var 40
    Clen 40
    This course I did for 10 weeks, I did all the pct etc. my diet was clean but based on an idea not TDEE. These were suggestions from friends in the "know". I grew fairly well in size, but really battled to lean up drop BF. this course was completed about a year ago now and due to being away from the gym it's all turned to sh...

I have 16 weeks to get myself in much better shape / form and I have considered a course of Gh, test prop, Winnie. But don't know if its a good combo. This linked to a correct diet and intensive training program is my only way to get on track and stay there.

It's my wake up call.

Hope I answered your questions and thank you

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick4588 View Post
    What's wrong with that? Your range should be right at 12 sets for large muscle groups. So 3-4 exercises are perfect.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    You need to get back into the gym and start a basic training program, you also need to clean your diet up and hit the cardio 4 times per week and get your bf down naturally. There is no need for any fancy training protocols yet or steroids , you needs to get back in the gum start a solid routine and get doing some cardio and most of your diet needs to change. Start eating healthier and clean.

Hi Marcus.

Yes. Thank you. I am currently getting all that to 100%. Besides the up in cardio which I see and understand as a given, I am just wondering if there are exercises I can do that are better or more suited to my goals

Want this to work, so I'm taking all the advice I can. TDEE and BMR are worked out, just need diet and training and I'm on my way. Will try and post details as soon as I'm up and running.

evander87 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LAW08 View Post
    I am just wondering if there are exercises I can do that are better or more suited to my goals
    I'm old school stick with compound lifts. Bench, squat, rows, military press.

Oh and I saw the biggest recomposition of my body when I started dead lifting. Uses the most muscles in one lift. Good for ramping up metabolism hours and hours after your workout. Of course assuming your diet is in check.

bigbadaboom is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by evander87 View Post
    I'm old school stick with compound lifts. Bench, squat, rows, military press.

Oh and I saw the biggest recomposition of my body when I started dead lifting. Uses the most muscles in one lift. Good for ramping up metabolism hours and hours after your workout. Of course assuming your diet is in check.
    This. Do the big lifts and you'll definitely start seeing a change in your body. It takes time though. Also size is a bit of an illusion and by that i mean the more cut/defined you are the bigger you will look so try to cut down your body fat by gettin some cardio in and cleaning up your diet.

Thread Information