Thread: my new workout

MilitiaGuy is offline Banned

my new workout

well it is time to change my workouts and this is my new 1 plz give me your opinion:
    mon:chest/shoulders,abs,intense cardio(15mins)
    tue:biceps/triceps/forarms ,light cardio(30mins)
    wed:back/traps,abs,light cardio(30mins)
    thur:rest
    fri:biceps/triceps/forarms,abs,intense cardio(15mins)
    sat:legs/calves
    sunday:rest
    i am doing cardio that mush coz i am cutting and the space time btw cardio and lifting is 8 hours

yellows2k is offline Member
    reasons why i think your workout is not optimal

1.) you are cutting, so that means you aren't getting as much nutrients as when bulking so i believe more rest is necessary

2.)you work tris the day after chest

3.)you work back after bis

4.) you work arms twice a week, the 2 smallest muscles u have

5.) this is only an assumption but i bet the volume is high too..

cdog is offline Associate Member
    Bro your working your arms on tue,wed,and friday why.Even though your are doing back on wed, your still going to be hiting the bis

superjew is offline Associate Member
    I don't like working muscles with the same function too close together. For example: Chest and Shoulders in the same day is overkill in my opinion. Your shoulders will be fried from your chest routine bro. You won't be able to lift nearly as heavy as you would if you split the two up.
    Heavy weight=Big muscles. Same thing applies to Back and biceps as well. And I wouldn't recommend working any muscle more than once a week, unless you are on cycle. And even then you should start with once a week and only go up to two if you think you need it.

What about him working his arms three times a week ?And as far as working shoulder with chest its a great way to go becouse#1 It gives both chest and shoulders the time needed to recover and grow.
    #2 By working the two in the same day this will keep the muscle groups worked from overlaping same goes for the arms and back. time under tension and intensity = big muscle's .This would only be overkill if one was to do say 3 sets of 4 chest moves Incline,bench,flys ,dips and then doing the same for shoulders thats why you only need to do 2 working sets max for each muscles worked .You can work out hard or you can work out long with alot of sets but you cant to both .Is this to say that you would not be able to gain with doing chest one day and shoulders 3 days later or arms one day and back a few days later absolutely not guys have and do make gains on a routine like this one all the time I know I did however will you grow as fast as you would if you put them together not overlap and gave more time to recover and grow (yes).
    Again this is Only MHO that I have from studying growth and recovery or hypertrophy.Peace

well guys i am trying to say that my workout is good i just posted it so u can correct the mistakes i will not begin my new workout until i am sure it is good for me...so can u correct this workout or post another workout but the sunday should always be rest

monday ,back,arms, 40 min light cardio
    tuesday abs, 40 min light cardio
    wed legs 40 min light cardio
    thur 40 min light cardio
    fri chest shoulders tris
    sat abs 40 min light cardio
    sunday rest
    this will help you cut body fat and grow new mass .However make sure you are eating right and at the right times good luck

Originally posted by cdog
    thur 40 min light cardio
    fri chest shoulders tris
    sunday rest
    this will help you cut body fat and grow new mass .However make sure you are eating right and at the right times good luck
    10x this seem a good workout i will try it with my friends the next week..beside your avatar is sexy hehe 1 more thing it seem that i will work my triseps twice a week in monday and friday is that good
    Last edited by MilitiaGuy; 05-01-2003 at 10:41 AM.

You will not be working tris on monday I know it says arms but thats just bis no tris .Work the tris with chest and shoulder day.Peace

You will not be working tris on monday I know it says arms but thats just bis no tris .Work the tris with chest and shoulder day.Peace
    hmm it seem u like light cardio with long time more than intense cardio short time

thebrain is offline New Member
    thur 40 min light cardio
    fri chest shoulders tris
    sunday rest
    hey cdog,
    i was reading the workout you posted and i really like it but i have never worked two muscle groups in one day except for back and biceps then shoulders and triceps how many exercises with how many sets should you do when you mix muscles like shoulders and chest.....you wouldnt do 4 exercises with 6-10 reps for each exercise would you???

Thread Information