Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Learn how to train - High Intesnity Training

i_SLAM_cougars is offline Banned- for my own actions
    I've been giving this style of training a go for awhile now. I generally work about 15 hours a day, so the short workouts four days a week fit into my schedule well. I usually prefer to hit each muscle group twice a week (except lower back and legs) but this is working out good for now. Started doing it after I read marcus' diary. So thank you for showing me something new!

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Only for the brave and insane

Bump

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Only for the brave and insane
    Nothing better than putting your body through sheer torture...Day in and day out!

We were the warriors of the past & are now the Warriors of today!

MrFreshmaker is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    Bump
    Hey Marcus,thanks for bumping this thread.I was searching to learn more about HIT training and I couldn't find this thread.
    I have a question though! I like to do one body part every day,so according to these videos,we should do only 3-4 exercises per body part,and if i do that I'll finish in 15 min lol.So my question is,can i add more exercises,like 6-7 for every body part?

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFreshmaker View Post

Hey Marcus,thanks for bumping this thread.I was searching to learn more about HIT training and I couldn't find this thread.
    I have a question though! I like to do one body part every day,so according to these videos,we should do only 3-4 exercises per body part,and if i do that I'll finish in 15 min lol.So my question is,can i add more exercises,like 6-7 for every body part?
    Mrfreshmaker. Go to the lounge. Should be one of the top posts.

Look for marcus dugeon. It's a long read. But full detailed about hit

MrFreshmaker is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80
    Mrfreshmaker. Go to the lounge. Should be one of the top posts. Look for marcus dugeon. It's a long read. But full detailed about hit
    Thanks Sfla.I am following Marcus thread,I didn't read it all though,but to be honest i have difficulties with some terms(english is not my native language) and I can't be pain in the arse asking what is this what is that.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFreshmaker View Post
    Thanks Sfla.I am following Marcus thread,I didn't read it all though,but to be honest i have difficulties with some terms(english is not my native language) and I can't be pain in the arse asking what is this what is that.
    Please read the thread in the lounge and if you have any questions just ask. Don't worry about your English.

Splifton is offline Associate Member
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Splifton View Post
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
    Once would be fine lol

RunMeOver2 is offline New Member
    Sweet thanks for bumping this thread. Been wanting to switch up my workout routines for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by RunMeOver2 View Post
    Sweet thanks for bumping this thread. Been wanting to switch up my workout routines for a while now.
    No problem all the best with it

somewhatjacked is offline Associate Member
    I don't have a training partner so do you guys recommend doing drop sets for every exercise?

Currently my goal is to bring bf% down.

Rusty11 is offline Senior Member
    I love this split. I've taken a few months off to try something else. But, it's time to get back on it. Trust me, you'll grow....even if you're an old man, like me. Gotta eat, eat, eat!
    almostgone likes this.

bumpy

Bump to the top
    InternalFire likes this.

Always remember if you ever do this type of training and you learn over time to take your body to true positive failure you must take a pullback after a few weeks. You cant carry on training at this intensity without taking a few weeks to fully recover and train without the same intensity. Trust me guys I know because it can give you injuries so if your going to try and teach your body and mind to go to failure always make sure you consider taking a couple of weeks at a lower intensity after around 5-7 weeks or when you feel your body needs it, many of you wont even last 5 weeks so listen to the body and take the pullback. It sure does builds serious mass and thickness but train educated and listen to your body

InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    Yes!

Marcus, you gotta merge your knowledge-rich posts from dungeon in to this, so folks can catch up quicker and concentrate to learn this material better. this is great thread!
    marcus300 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneMuscle View Post
    Yes!

Marcus, you gotta merge your knowledge-rich posts from dungeon in to this, so folks can catch up quicker and concentrate to learn this material better. this is great thread!
    All of it is in my main thread, I am sure of it
    InternalFire likes this.

I know, but not every new member will get to all consolidated concentrate of information that you've been putting out there ...

just an idea - you should do an e-book on this what you've learned, lived trough and get some reward for what you've put out, how it helped others over a span of all these years and contribute to uprising generations of iron enthusiasts.

Im sure alot of new generations have alot to discover

PS: you know, when I browse and read trough your main thread, I dont only see all the info and progress, I see the potential of immense drive and passion, that cant go to waste or left dormant, that got to be planted in its real form, that shit is valuable marcus!
    marcus300 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneMuscle View Post
    I know, but not every new member will get to all consolidated concentrate of information that you've been putting out there ...

just an idea - you should do an e-book on this what you've learned, lived trough and get some reward for what you've put out, how it helped others over a span of all these years and contribute to uprising generations of iron enthusiasts.

Im sure alot of new generations have alot to discover

PS: you know, when I browse and read trough your main thread, I dont only see all the info and progress, I see the potential of immense drive and passion, that cant go to waste or left dormant, that got to be planted in its real form, that shit is valuable marcus!
    That's why I preach train the mind aswell, the mind set will only get to the places you have to go to build that freaky muscle unless your just a freak of nature.

I haven't got time to write an e-book but I could have a ghost writer if I sent someone all the stuff Mmmm

That's why I preach train the mind aswell, the mind set will only get to the places you have to go to build that freaky muscle unless your just a freak of nature.

I haven't got time to write an e-book but I could have a ghost writer if I sent someone all the stuff Mmmm
    Hmmmmm

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Ive used this way of training for years and its one of the best protocols there is for building size and muscle. If you can't get a spotter simply go with dropsets over forced reps..........watch and learn and listen to Dorian because its priceless

LEGS

I personally heard mixed opinions on stretching I don't like to stretch before legs or anything as I think it reduces injury. I don't want to be loose. Not to say I'm not flexible. I'll be more specific later.

Before I run. I like to do non static stretches. I use to get horrible shin splints when I went to bed after running. After I started doing butt kicks, side steps, knee raises etc. it made a world of difference.

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Well I watched more of the video and at the end of the stretches he mentioned that those stretches are better then static stretches, so Dorian and myself are like minded lol. Because he said static stretches cause micro tears in the muscles. So yeah I love non static stretches. But still I never really stretch before weight training..other then warming up the muscles a bit. No static stretches though

Love pre xhausting the hamstrings with squats and then going right into a set of leg press. Just cuz the leg press focuses more on the quads I like to pre exhaust the hams so they get a nice breakdown as well or vice versa
    Last edited by Marsoc; 09-05-2016 at 12:48 PM.

TroyJackson3000 is offline New Member
    thanks

TroyJackson3000 is offline New Member
    very helpful

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information