Thread: Back Injury

MarkCossey is offline New Member

Unhappy Back Injury

Hi Everyone,

I'm asking this question in case anyone has had the same problem or someone can give me advice...

A few weeks ago I sprained my spine whilst performing a front shoulder raise with a moderate weight. I was training in the morning which is something I dont usually do and I hadn't warmed up properly.

The pain at the time was uncomfortable but the real pain started when I got home and the days following. It was unbearable. I went to chiropractic clinic and they diagnosed the sprain. They manipulated the bones for a while and showed me some slow stretching excersises to perform throughout the day (I have an office job). I had a few more visits and the pain had practically gone. They said I could train again but only light.

I think you know whats coming...

I trained again once, light, and things were fine. I trained again a little heavier (a few days later) and I thought things were ok. It wasn't until the next day that the pain returned in the same area of the back (middle left side).

I've now decided to have a much longer break (which is driving me mad) but I just wanted to know how long I should expect to wait before I'm fully repaired? I understand that this may sound like a stupid question and its probably very dependable on me etc but I would be VERY interested in what you guys have to say.

Thanks in advance

Mark

withoutd0ubt is offline Associate Member
    DONT MESS WITH YOUR BACK!!!! whatever you do, leave your back alone, a little more time out of the gym will save you a LOT of pain in future years

Thread Information