Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    bearbear is offline Junior Member

Upper chest needs help

My chest workout is getting better but for some strange reason not getting a pump or any soreness in upper chest. I just feel it in the cord above arm pit area.Im doing Incline flat and cable cross even using dumbells also gone up in weight. still no pump or soreness.
    Any suggestions?????

Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bearbear
    My chest workout is getting better but for some strange reason not getting a pump or any soreness in upper chest. I just feel it in the cord above arm pit area.Im doing Incline flat and cable cross even using dumbells also gone up in weight. still no pump or soreness.
    Any suggestions?????
    Are you doing dumb bell presses? Or flys?

I like to do cables one arm at a time standing with the cable starting low and pulling up at a 45 degree angle going across my chest so you can feel the upper inside of ur chest flexing

likelifting is offline Senior Member
    But then again, I do get a good stretch from flys.

Never mind me, just carry on.

Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by likelifting
    But then again, I do get a good stretch from flys.

Never mind me, just carry on.
    I don't like dumbbell flys for the upper inner chest because after about 3/4 of the way up you lose resistance because of the leverage of the arm vs gravity. Dumbbell flys are good for the upper outer portion of your chest near ur clavicle. But crossovers are best for inner upper chest. A balance of both is good. Doing them controlled and feeling contraction to failure. If you put too much weight u can feel the muscle shift away from the targeted area. Form is key

I get a much better stretch with cables too. The stretch is what helps give me that soreness I want. Take it to the limit but don't get hurt.

^ Great point. I think I'm following what you are saying. I started bending my elbows on the out movement to keep that leverage to a minimum. Keep the dbs more above you instead of way the frick out there where I could get hurt.

And you are right the crossovers are best for inner upper. Another good point.

Brick is offline Member
    Really focus on contracting the muscle. For years I didn't understand this and everything else grew but chest lagged seriously behind.

When doing any sort of pressing movement make sure you tightly contract your shoulders together to form a platform to push off of. Then when pressing imagine you are pushing the world away from you. This 'should' activate your chest and get you plenty swolled up! Contract and squeeze the shit out of your chest at the top as well. PM me if you need a better explanation

bearbear is offline Junior Member
    great info ive concentrated on form for a while and done movements slow to do so and noticed "Tian Muscle" if thats how its spelled its gettting thick and that area is growing just not up near middle neck area dont feel anything

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucka View Post
    Really focus on contracting the muscle. For years I didn't understand this and everything else grew but chest lagged seriously behind.
    This.

Movement - powerful explosive up, contract chest fully, slow movement back down like a spring being pushed down to explode again. Do not let your triceps and front delts do the work. Use the mind-muscle connection to make the pecs do the work.

Type in the words "Pre Exhaust Chest" into google. It is going to tell you to pre exhaust the smaller muscles before you do chest to see great results. So to pick an example, flat bench flys, incline flys decline bench press. In a different workout they recommend to superset dumbbell flys with bench press. So you would do the flys for 10 reps, then immediately without stopping go to the bench press. I don't remember doing this and plan to do this on my next chest day.

Thread Information