Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Flawdaboy is offline Junior Member

Biceps are lagging

Hi guys im currently on my 3rd cycle ever just popped the tab of my last vial of Olympia super test 250, Now this cycle started as a Belgian Blue Boldenon-EQ and Olympia super test250. I was runing 600mg of Eq a wk and 1ml of super test EOD. I stopped the bold due to some serious mood swing problems that ive never had before when i ran just super test so i instantly knew it was the bold, I cut down the dosage From 600 a week of EQ to 400 the still had crazy mood swings So i cut it down to 200mg then still had the same problem so cut it out completely and went back to my normal self on steroids . Now ive made some nice gains so for being as its my 3rd cycle ( seem to never blow up like i did on my first) Ive gained 10 pounds and got amazing strength gain. Everything is looking nice and built except my biceps they seem to be lagging real bad. Ive noticed my tri have been getting that nice big horseshoe look my quads are so big i had to slit the bottom seam of my boxers to fit them in. My forearms are bulking my chest is bulking and shoulders are showing some nice looking feathering. Everything is going up in the weights aswell atleast 5 pounds on each excercise a week, Except my biceps. They have gone up about 10 pounds in weights during this whole cycle. Ive tryed everything from switching my bicep workouts out with stuff differnt excercises. Im not sure what it is, is it possible to reach a plateau on only one muscle? Anything you guys say i am willing to try im a good listener and very proactive about new things. My diet isnt as strict as it should be maybe because i dont necesarrily have a time that i eat everyday, I work pretty hectiaclly so i just eat when ever i can, But i do take in always 2g or protien per pound of body weight i eat 6 meals a day i take in the same amount of carbs as my body weight. And typically average around 5000 calories a day. Any help would be greatly appreciated and any ideas i am willing to try. I dont necisarrly want to be a body builder or anything one day, i mostly jsut wanna big the biggest dude ppl know and i more then anything want to win a weightlifting competition one day.

Typical bicep day is
    dumbell spider curls 3 sets 6-8 reps
    preacher curls 3 sets 6-8 reps
    drag curls ( full extens every time) 3 sets 6-8 reps

then of course hammer curls with dumbells for the bracks.

And also every 3 wks or so i drop one workout for the a differnt one, and i work bis twice a wk everyonce ina awhile ill do high reps lower weight to really harden the muscle aswell, but thats only every 2-3wks

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I hear a lot of people having this problem...actually I am one of them LOL. I feel to some degree its just the nature of the muscle.

One thing I am trying that I have heard will help, is to make sure to do some sets where the wieght is such that you have no trouble reaching full contraction and then concentrate on fully contracting the muscle. The theory is that even though you may build the muscle size it will not look bigger unless you maintain the peak/ball appearance.

Hmmm yeah i try to do that aswell atleast one day every 2 wks or so on my bi workout

ac guy is offline Associate Member
    Do you do any drop sets? They seem to do the trick for me. I also see a lot of guys doing curls as fast as they can. I like to slow down and contract at the top and slowly lower weights back down, concentrating on good form. Each rep takes me about 4 seconds from start to finish. Good luck

Yes i drop sets and im not a speed curler, but 4 seconds is along time maybe i can start just trying to go as slow as possible and really get a good burn ill prob look retarded but ayy at this point anythings worth a shot. Ill deff try that good advice.

Thread Information