Thread: not sore

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    TYHO127 is offline Junior Member

not sore

I didn't get sore at all from my chest workout yesterday guess I didn't go hard enough. Would it be okay to give it another go today?

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Nope.

Bad idea.

That's what I thought. Thanks

Alinjr is offline Senior Member
    It happens. Sometimes you just don't get sore.

dj erk15 is offline Junior Member
    Stick to ur routine bro. If u feel that u didnt go hard enough go harder on next chest day but never over train. If u do chest make sure there is atleast 72 hours of resting that muscle group before ur next chest scession. Thats my opinion on it.

backcountryrider is offline Junior Member
    Oh yah and getting a weak workout never gives you the license to repeat the workout on that same muscle the next day. #1 rule that you never do no matter what. At least 3 days for the same muscle, depending on how efficiently you shocked that muscle it may more even.

The one thing that has always confused me was that Pros do it. They work out back one day then go and do biceps the next day. Im my opinion, you do forearms and biceps when you train back.

Any thoughts on that?

backcountryrider is offline Junior Member
    If you got DOMS in that particular muscle before and you don't anymore, it may be an indication that the muscle has built up a resistance to the particular workout you are giving it. It's then time to seek out a new angle, new rep range, new movement, possible more sets, more intensity, more negatives, add,forced reps ect. If this still does not bring a refreshed feeling work out for the particular muscle then you take 3 weeks off completely. When you come back it will be fresh.

I understand DOMS is not directly related to what a good workout means but I do find I make better work out to workout gains when I feel something. Doesn't have to be sore sore but when lean into a stretch and feel like the muscle is a bit tired and pumped the next day. If you feel nothing at all the next day, it means your muscle built that resistance and it's time to change things to keep them guessing.

cliffjumper is offline Junior Member
    I've read that forearms and biceps are good to do on back days. Some compound back exercises (bent over rows, etc.) make use of biceps and forearms. So that's how I've organized my workouts -- Chest/Tri, Back/Bis, Shoulders, Legs

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Quote Originally Posted by TYHO127 View Post
    I didn't get sore at all from my chest workout yesterday guess I didn't go hard enough. Would it be okay to give it another go today?
    A get this problem aswell a do a routine for about 4-6 weeks then change it up. As mentioned above you have to keep the muscles guessing.

Keep em guessing Haha I like that approach!

Thread Information