Thread: Chest Strength

aljordan45 is offline New Member

Thumbs down Chest Strength

I was wondering if someone could help me with a chest workout that would increase my bench! My chest is looking fantastic, so what I am doing is right. The thing is though my strength is not up to par. I wanna get on a program to gain some strength, so if someone could help me please do!

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Wanna trade? Damn..I'd rather have a good looking chest anyday. Actually, my chest is decent..but just the way you stated what you said...i had to take the oppoturnity.

Bro, mix up your routine, and do it often. Drop sets, if you have a workout partner...forced reps..

Run the rack. (Start with light weight, increase to heavy for 3 different weights consecutively)

Dips, incline, decline, hammer strength, smith...try it all, push ups, getting head....ooops...did i say that out loud?

Try all of this, and your impressive shape will also have impressive strength.

jersey juice is offline Member
    Flat bench is the #1 mass/strength builder, I don't give a flying fuck what any bodybuilder says, check out the powerlifters those boys move weight!!! 2 words for ya Eddie Coan!!

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    The flat bench press is the only way to go and if you have been training long enough you should know that..

Capital X is offline Associate Member

Mix it up

I agree with Papapump, you have to mix it up. But I have built my chest not on flat bench but on Incline presses. I like to focus on areas that others are too lazy to train. Go heavy and go hard. Use drop sets, pyramids and anything that keeps the intensity high.

Capital X

pureanger is offline Senior Member
    Bro my chest isnt that big or I should say I am not happy with it but I can push some good weight up. You need to do everythingheavy I do alot of heavy decline and flat rarely any heavy incline

jersey juice is offline Member
    I agree with capitalx, but for increasing strength, I'd go with flat bench and really pump it out, then do inclines...or even better if you do chest twice a week do one day all incline work & one day all flat bench work. Don't forget skullcrushers, they help alot with your lockout.

Rastus is offline Associate Member
    Juice-

Please explain this "skullcrusher"? Never heard of that one, but you got me interested.

Thread Information