basketballfan22 is offline Senior Member

HELP ME! My new workout wasn't as amazing for my chest.

I am trying to delete this thread, as my chest is pretty sore today. Sorry for wasting anyone's time.
    Last edited by basketballfan22; 01-24-2013 at 04:28 PM.

Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    When I'm training my chest, I very rarely feel a "burn" unless I'm doing one arm cable flies, that's because it isolates parts of ur pecs after u cross the center line of ur body. If you really blast ur chest with bench, you'll feel the outer portion by ur arm pit swell up. Keep in mind you chest is only isolated the first 4-6 inches off ur chest, so make sure ur arm (shoulder to elbow) is below parallel to the floor and the bar comes close to ur chest as ur shoulders allow. If you went to failure, chances r you'll feel it tomorrow. Try it a few more times. If u don't feel it's working, try a progressive overload (opposite to what ur doing now), start with reps of 10-12 with failure in last rep, add weight, drop reps.

Tron, I think I may have just been freaking out. I just got out of the shower, and my chest is pretty sore. I guess I was just freaked out because I didn't feel the burn nearly as bad as I did the other two days. I probably overdid it yet again, because now my biceps are even sore (yes, I realize chest workouts work the triceps more). I think next week I will keep calm and not do the 100 minutes I did today despite what my mind is telling me. I must admit that I am terrified about tomorrow though, hahaha. It is leg day; and if I felt it that badly yesterday doing my back, I can't imagine what it will be like tomorrow.

Thanks again though for this routine. Beyond the physical effects, mentally I am so pumped. I wouldn't say I was burning out, as I was still pretty motivated; but since joining this site and beginning this new routine, I get so pumped up and excited to work out.

Tron, I actually let the bar make contact with my chest making sure I don't bounce it off. Is this too far down? I will say it is very difficult to get it up off the chest, while the rest of the rep is significantly easier.

Thread Information