manmanman is offline Associate Member

mind muscle connection

recently been training with a guy who has taught me the importance on being able to split muscles up and focus on that part

thoughts on this?

Edwin23q is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by manmanman View Post
    recently been training with a guy who has taught me the importance on being able to split muscles up and focus on that part

thoughts on this?
    Ever since I've been lifting I was always told to focus on the muscle that I'm working on.
    It's amazing and it works like a charm.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

ive always just focused on moving the weight and hitting numbers, after splitting my chest its as if a new world has opened to me

Iron-56 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by manmanman View Post

thoughts on this?
    This becomes very important when you are trying to isolate certain muscles. For example I recently started working out anterior delt with chest. On shoulder days I need to focus on hitting middle and posterior. This is accomplished through good form and the whole mind thing.

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Mind-muscle connection is possibly the most vital phenomenon in bodybuilding.

Arnold mentioned this often in his writings, so have many other bodybuilders.

FYI, this is another reason why warm up sets and feel sets are necessary before working sets kick-in.

Im going to do back today, can you please share.tips of forming this connection? Sofar i just go really light and put deep thougyt into what movement i am doing and what im trying to acheive

Bjwr is offline Junior Member
    I love pre exhaust, get the area ur trainin full of blood with an isolation excersise,
    Once it's pumped the muscle mind connection becomes a lot stronger on the rest of ur lifts.
    I feel anyway!

backcountryrider is offline Junior Member
    Critical as far as making intensity targeted. I been trying more at connecting mind and muscle by using the "flex it" method every day, you can do it all day to get that connection.
    I find my right upper body parts have a better mind connection than my left (yes I'm right handed) and my right upper side is more developed than my left. It's been like this my entire life. Working delts, lactic acid builds quicker in my right than the left, probably due to the muscle mind connection is better in my right.

Again , critical. It's something I'm trying to practice on every day.

Edwin23q is offline Banned
    Best part of my body that is also noticeable has been my abs, I concentrate all my energy on my abs and I feel it too, it's a great feeling once you fine tune it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thread Information