Thread: help

bdos is offline Anabolic Member

help

trying to build my legs up over the last 6 months iv got some separation in my quads the problem is they're growing out and not in width, if you get what i mean.. what can i do to make them thicker?

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    In a nutshell, eating more and lifting heavier weights while performing compound exercises (squats & leg presses) will take care of this.

Oh, and there is the virtue of patience...

What does your leg workout routine looks like for quads? In details please..

squats 3x10 100kg leg press 3x10 75kg lunges 3x10 60kg that's about it gym is limited with equipment

Frankly, those three exercises are plenty for quads. Lack of leg extension exercise, however, is definitely a con.

You have to do more sets at a higher rep range for legs, especially if you are looking forward to building thicker legs.

15-25 rep range is what I recommend, unless you are constantly training with 80% of your 1RM or higher.

Another thing that caught my attention is this: why do squats with 100kg and leg press only with 75kg? I can leg press exactly 3 times what I can squat at the same rep range, I am sure this applies to everyone else just the same...

Thanks ill try the higher reps as for the leg extensions i have short legs and a longer torso i can go up a few kg but anymore than 100 i struggle to keep stuck on the seat

Is there any truth behind pointing your toes in or out (leg extensions) to focus on a certain muscle ?

Quote Originally Posted by bdos900 View Post
    Is there any truth behind pointing your toes in or out (leg extensions) to focus on a certain muscle ?
    Yes.

dj erk15 is offline Junior Member
    In my opinion if your doing squats you dont need leg press in the same day (just my opinion) with that being said i would add some leg extensions and leg curls. Like the good man said above me it also takes time.

The gym i go to only has one squat rack so i try not to hold it up for too long

You can always do your heavy lifts by squatting at a low rep range and then switch over to the leg press where the rep range is higher and kill your legs. It works.

Ill try that a different routine might shock them into growing

valkyrie is offline Female Member
    Try playing with your Time Under Tension.

Try a four second decent on squats no pause on the bottome four second ascent

Try leg press with no lockout constant tension for twelve reps

Try a three second hold at the top of leg extensions

thanks for the tips! leg day tomorrow im going to make sure I have to be wheeled out of the gym

day after leg day and im feeling it! did heavy sets of squats and light high rep extensions got a great pump and I haven't/can't move at all today really gave them a shock feels great, going to continue this routine for legs from now on thanks guys and girl!

day after leg day and im feeling it! did heavy sets of squats and light high rep extensions got a great pump and I haven't/can't move at all today really gave them a shock feels great, going to continue this routine for legs from now on thanks guys and girl!
    You need to hit the treadmill today and do a 30-40min mild cardio session if you want your legs to recover more quickly, which also stands for more growth.

Start slow for the first 5 mins, consider it a warm up phase, and then slightly increase the speed to the point where your HR is eventually at around 120-130 bpm.

CLICK! Goes the ankle when i do calf raises it doesnt hurt or anything but anything i could do to stop it?

CLICK! Goes the ankle when i do calf raises it doesnt hurt or anything but anything i could do to stop it?
    Your best bet is seeing a physiotherapist. If it is not a major issue, he'll fix it in a session or two. You'll also be informed about what happened in that area and how/why.

Thanks i haven't injured it before strange its only the left one. Legs are definatly growing now.

Thanks i haven't injured it before strange its only the left one. Legs are definatly growing now.
    Probably a minor degenerative issue with your Achilles tendon in the left ankle, which is fixable by means of physiotherapy.

Thread Information