Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    auswest is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    I have started this work out and love the idea and concept of it, seen many different variations and understand you tailor to suit yourself, however I would like other opinions on the days of the week bodypart a are worked and what would be optimal for recovery..

The most common layout I see is

Upper power
    Lower power
    Rest
    Back/shoulders hyper
    Legs hyper
    Chest/arms hyper...
    Rest

Now there is only 48 hours rest between chest/arms and upper power, I would rather have 72 optimally

So I came up with/found this

Upper power
    Lower power
    Rest
    Chest/arms hyper
    Back/shoulders hyper
    Legs hyper,

But am unsure if doing chest arms the the following day shoulders/back will be ok?

Any thoughts any one played around with this?
    Cheers
    Last edited by auswest; 01-24-2013 at 06:55 AM.

-KJ- is offline Productive Member
    Have you checked out Bases Power Hypertrophy routine?.. Could get your answer your looking for there bro..

Blog Entries
    I do like that however, I need to be in the gym more than 4 days a week, I can't get enough of it, so iLife would have to change it to

Upper power
    Lower power
    Off
    Upper hyper
    Lower hyper
    Off
    Repeat

But the only draw back for me is not having a day dedicated to arms/chest or back or w/ever, that's why I fell in love with laynes program,
    I workout with alot of volume..

Hmm it's interesting I do really like the sound of the upper lower hyper split addition,
    Recovery seems optimal and hitting everything twice a week, I think he's onto something, cheers for your help, this looks like my new routine

-KJ- is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by auswest View Post
    I do like that however, I need to be in the gym more than 4 days a week, I can't get enough of it, so iLife would have to change it to

Upper power
    Lower power
    Off
    Upper hyper
    Lower hyper
    Off
    Repeat

But the only draw back for me is not having a day dedicated to arms/chest or back or w/ever, that's why I fell in love with laynes program,
    I workout with alot of volume..

Hmm it's interesting I do really like the sound of the upper lower hyper split addition,
    Recovery seems optimal and hitting everything twice a week, I think he's onto something, cheers for your help, this looks like my new routine
    No problem.. If you hit Base a message Im sure he will advise you as he has done both programmes as far I can remember.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Don't over think it.... Just follow a program that is out there...

Layne PHAT is good but I don't like how close one of your upper hyper day and upper power days fall...

I'd rather just do a 2on 1off 2on 2off split....

Whatever you choose to do make sure to periodize your program

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9
    Don't over think it.... Just follow a program that is out there...

Layne PHAT is good but I don't like how close one of your upper hyper day and upper power days fall...

I'd rather just do a 2on 1off 2on 2off split....

Whatever you choose to do make sure to periodize your program
    Just about to pm you
    Deffernatly decided to go down the line of 2on1off being upper/lower/rest/repeat
    My biggest struggle is picking exercises and how many sets is too many I know which compounds to be using but I'm struggling to pick and choose my isolations, do you have any examples of a well rounded high volume upper workouts..
    I really enjoy high volume, I love being in the gym and have great recovery.
    My primary goal is hypertrophy

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by auswest View Post
    Just about to pm you
    Deffernatly decided to go down the line of 2on1off being upper/lower/rest/repeat
    My biggest struggle is picking exercises and how many sets is too many I know which compounds to be using but I'm struggling to pick and choose my isolations, do you have any examples of a well rounded high volume upper workouts..
    I really enjoy high volume, I love being in the gym and have great recovery.
    My primary goal is hypertrophy
    Check this thread out.... There is some info there and also feedback... Maybe worth looking into the guys who have done it aswel

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...e#.UQIyCHwgGSN

Blog Entries
    Cheers for that..

Was original going to go with an upper/lower off split, but the days each week I train need to be consistent as in my days off need to fall into the same day each week due to work

So I have settled on the following which is near on identical to the original phat template but I am not working arms the the following day back which was my biggest issue, so here it is

Upper
    Lower
    Off
    Push
    Pull
    Legs
    Off

High volume, 72-96 hours between body parts, everything twice a week, training in rep ranges from 6-12. Lots of compound movements.

Can't wait!

Thread Information