bp2000 is offline Associate Member

Time to train LEGS!

Going heavy today sets of 3 finishing off with some high reps to kill these legs! Got my polar heartrate monitor on as well looking to burn 1,000 cals for today's workout!!!

Motivation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAQIsr4S7-0

basketballfan22 is offline Senior Member
    Good luck man! I killed my legs yesterday. That video was pretty cool too. Are you sure you are going to burn 1,000 calories today? Damn, that seems like an awful lot.

toofatbuilder is offline Associate Member
    I do legs tuesday and friday. Friend of mine used to compete and gave me some helpful tips. I prefer machine over free weight with my legs cause I thrashed my knees in HS. Start out doing every leg press I can do, then do a set of squats with an empty bar 10 times. back to the machine, again until i cant do another, another set of empty bar squats then back to the machine. by the third set of leg presses that 400 pounds feels heavier then when i was doin 565 squats. by the end of that 20 +/- cycle I feel like i can hardly walk back to my car.

bdos is offline Anabolic Member
    go for it man! its legs day for me too and iv just got some really good tips last couple of days time to put them to the test!

Iron-56 is offline Associate Member
    Legs are the only body part that I need strong motivation for lol. How much calories are you consuming a day?

canesfan804 is offline Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDsKn4cGm2w

Motivation=Kai Green training legs. Watch all 3 parts. Nick T looks like WTF by the end of it, bet he didnt expect anything close to this for a training video.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron-56 View Post
    Legs are the only body part that I need strong motivation for lol. How much calories are you consuming a day?

I actually enjoy legs now. ATM I am working on strength so after I am warmed up I will do 6 sets of 3 reps. I worked my way up to 350lbs. Then a few sets of 20 at 225. After that my legs are pretty toasted I go to leg press and do 5 sets of 10 then finish off with some walking lunges. I think most people don't do legs right they try to do too many sets and too many reps which hard on the knees. I am going to buy some knee wraps for squatting.

I usually eat a little over maintainence calories and if I am trying to drop weight I will increase cardio and slight deficit rather than drop cals signifigantly. For me if I drop too many cals my metabolism slows down. But if you are trying to put on weight keep your cals up.
    Last edited by bp2000; 01-28-2013 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by basketballfan22 View Post
    Good luck man! I killed my legs yesterday. That video was pretty cool too. Are you sure you are going to burn 1,000 calories today? Damn, that seems like an awful lot.
    I wear a polar heart rate monitor so I track how many cals I burn. On my leg day I burned 1,029 cals! That was legs then 30 minutes of cardio at 150bpm. I find that weights + cardio at the end work best for me for maximum calorie burn. However I can also burn 1,000 using weights alone if I superset big muscle groups like chest and back.

xTato is offline Junior Member
    Love leg days! that feeling after a heavy squat and wanting to puke!

basketballfan22 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bp2000 View Post
    I wear a polar heart rate monitor so I track how many cals I burn. On my leg day I burned 1,029 cals! That was legs then 30 minutes of cardio at 150bpm. I find that weights + cardio at the end work best for me for maximum calorie burn. However I can also burn 1,000 using weights alone if I superset big muscle groups like chest and back.
    How much did one of those cost you? I really need one, so I can better calculate how many calories I burn. I am trying to leanly bulk up to 195 - 200 pounds naturally, but I am having a little difficulty.

cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Been alternating high reps lately with a bit of heavy squatting. High reps as in 20-25 reps past couple months, even my legs are growing legs! Just finished doing them actually doing a lil pwo cardio on the bike so they don't seize up

Quote Originally Posted by cj111 View Post
    Been alternating high reps lately with a bit of heavy squatting. High reps as in 20-25 reps past couple months, even my legs are growing legs! Just finished doing them actually doing a lil pwo cardio on the bike so they don't seize up
    nice work. I like a little pw cardio 30-45 low intensity

Quote Originally Posted by basketballfan22 View Post
    How much did one of those cost you? I really need one, so I can better calculate how many calories I burn. I am trying to leanly bulk up to 195 - 200 pounds naturally, but I am having a little difficulty.
    check out amazon. I got the ft7 but the ft4 does the same thing and is cheaper. It is durable had mine for 7 months so far hard workouts and same battery still works great.

Thread Information