Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: shoulders

  1. #1
    Zodiac82's Avatar
    Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,747

    shoulders

    Is there a particular exercise to do that pulls ur shoulders backward....u kno that kind of chest puffed out look

  2. #2
    JWP806's Avatar
    JWP806 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Lubbock, TX
    Posts
    1,366
    Quote Originally Posted by cancer82 View Post
    Is there a particular exercise to do that pulls ur shoulders backward....u kno that kind of chest puffed out look
    Are you saying the movement pushes your chest outward or the result of doing the exercise will give you the puffed out chest look?

  3. #3
    rage-lifter26's Avatar
    rage-lifter26 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    47
    As in rear delt s? Or maybe work back harder? Feel the squeeze of your shoulder blades

    "If you doing it right your competing against the sickest mother****er there is... yourself"

  4. #4
    Zodiac82's Avatar
    Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,747
    Quote Originally Posted by JWP806 View Post

    Are you saying the movement pushes your chest outward or the result of doing the exercise will give you the puffed out chest look?
    yes the result of doin the exercise gives u the shoulders back/chest out look

  5. #5
    Zodiac82's Avatar
    Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,747
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-lifter26 View Post
    As in rear delt s? Or maybe work back harder? Feel the squeeze of your shoulder blades

    "If you doing it right your competing against the sickest mother****er there is... yourself"
    think off tryin to to ur shoulders/shoulder blades together....that look

  6. #6
    twitz's Avatar
    twitz is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    755
    Scap retraction exercises and making sure your scap is retracted when you're doing any other exercise as well... bench etc

  7. #7
    Zodiac82's Avatar
    Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,747
    Quote Originally Posted by twitz View Post
    Scap retraction exercises and making sure your scap is retracted when you're doing any other exercise as well... bench etc
    thats what I was lookin for....thanks

  8. #8
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,881
    Good posture along with balanced chest and back developement.

  9. #9
    Back In Black's Avatar
    Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    17,182
    Quote Originally Posted by cancer82

    thats what I was lookin for....thanks
    Specifically rhomboids and middle traps.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

  10. #10
    Zodiac82's Avatar
    Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,747
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Good posture along with balanced chest and back developement.
    so Kel would u say increasing my pecs would push my shoulders back

  11. #11
    Zodiac82's Avatar
    Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,747
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post

    Specifically rhomboids and middle traps.
    are you saying to specifically retract these muscles steM

  12. #12
    Back In Black's Avatar
    Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    17,182
    If you work your chest more you'll tighten those muscles more which will give you rounded shoulders and make the situation worse.

    It's difficult without seeing you but, as Kel says, improved posture. Make it a habit in you everyday life to retract your shoulder blades and keep your shoulders back. Most of it is habit but specifically training your rhomboids and middle traps will help.

    Make sure you stretch your chest after training too to try and loosen it up. If its tight look into PNF stretching.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

  13. #13
    Zodiac82's Avatar
    Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,747
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    If you work your chest more you'll tighten those muscles more which will give you rounded shoulders and make the situation worse.

    It's difficult without seeing you but, as Kel says, improved posture. Make it a habit in you everyday life to retract your shoulder blades and keep your shoulders back. Most of it is habit but specifically training your rhomboids and middle traps will help.

    Make sure you stretch your chest after training too to try and loosen it up. If its tight look into PNF stretching.
    will do.... good info....lol and all this time I've been trying to work my chest hoping the mass underneath would push my shoulder....thanks all Twitz Kel SteM

  14. #14
    marcus300's Avatar
    marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    40,922
    Push your shoulder back wft, you mean a thick back. .?

  15. #15
    Back In Black's Avatar
    Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    17,182
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    Push your shoulder back wft, you mean a thick back. .?
    I'm suspecting he has an element of kyphosis like most gym goers focusing more in chest than back. Go on Marcus, show him what his back should look like
    Last edited by Back In Black; 02-09-2013 at 01:18 PM.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

  16. #16
    Zodiac82's Avatar
    Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,747
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Push your shoulder back wft, you mean a thick back. .?
    lol no....like some ppl u see their delts are reared back as if they had superb posture and some u see delts are kinda flared out and forward....while ur back is MASSIVE marcus Im not lookin for the Great Wall of China look lol

  17. #17
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,948
    Check these out for form. I think he has some good ideas sometimes.
    http://youtu.be/JTzJ4llBRks
    http://youtu.be/QXmIIypJP2k

  18. #18
    600@50's Avatar
    600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    With the 100 lb plates.
    Posts
    1,912
    I do these for the rear delt-trap-upper back area and also to stabilize the shoulder for bench pressing. This guy has a whole series of shoulder exercises that may be helpful for some.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASmBAhQmhPI

  19. #19
    Zodiac82's Avatar
    Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,747
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Check these out for form. I think he has some good ideas sometimes.
    http://youtu.be/JTzJ4llBRks
    http://youtu.be/QXmIIypJP2k
    good vids especially the row

  20. #20
    Zodiac82's Avatar
    Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,747
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I do these for the rear delt-trap-upper back area and also to stabilize the shoulder for bench pressing. This guy has a whole series of shoulder exercises that may be helpful for some.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASmBAhQmhPI
    seems like somethin good to do as a super set or to overload the delts

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    614
    Heavy Bench press (powerlifter style with shoulder blades retracted) will do wonders for your posture if ur looking for the chest out look.

    Its just a matter of posture and bench with shoulder blades retracted helps with that

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    614
    And also flyes,, either flat or incline with shoulder blades retracted.

    My recommendation would be to do heavy bench with shoulder blades retracted and also incline flyes with shoulder blades retracted. That way with flyes you'll get the stretch at the bottom and ur chest wont get tighter and it will give u the look and feeling ur looking for immediately.

    U can add in those 2 into your chest routine that you do now

  23. #23
    Zodiac82's Avatar
    Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,747
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzenegger View Post
    And also flyes,, either flat or incline with shoulder blades retracted.

    My recommendation would be to do heavy bench with shoulder blades retracted and also incline flyes with shoulder blades retracted. That way with flyes you'll get the stretch at the bottom and ur chest wont get tighter and it will give u the look and feeling ur looking for immediately.

    U can add in those 2 into your chest routine that you do now
    will do....I think my problem is never retracting my muscles....gonna give it a whirl

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •