Thread: Arm growth

boxingfan30 is offline Member

Arm growth

With shoulder issues and waiting for surgery, I mainly just do arm work and just push ups for chest to try to keep what i've gained in the past.

My question is, should I worry about running any sort of light cycle of something to try to get some arm growth? or is it more worth it to focus on nutrition and some good pre/post workout supplements? My arms are lacking in size compared to the width of my chest and back.

I change up my arm routine pretty frequently and always nice and sore (which I love). If it's not full body I don't know if it's needed to run anything.

If I am better off working naturally, what supplements would you all recommend? I can't take creatine unfortunately.

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    What are the mentioned shoulder issues exactly?

I have a misshappen socket, osteoarthritis, and a posteior delt tear.

Synergy1 is offline Junior Member
    Wha shoulder issues allow you to do push ups?

Quote Originally Posted by Synergy1 View Post
    Wha shoulder issues allow you to do push ups?
    I only do close hand position push-ups.

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boxingfan30 View Post
    I have a misshappen socket, osteoarthritis, and a posteior delt tear.
    OK.

Don't be upset with me for what I am about to say but you have no business even doing push-ups with so many shoulder issues let alone considering a cycle.

Take care of your shoulder issues before anything else, seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Juicer View Post
    OK.

Don't be upset with me for what I am about to say but you have no business even doing push-ups with so many shoulder issues let alone considering a cycle.

Take care of your shoulder issues before anything else, seriously.
    Oh i'm not upset, I can't quit though... I just won't do it. It'll have to hurt. Quitting for me just isn't an option. I don't do many push-ups, and if there's pain I stop, but most of the time it's not an issue.

Synergy1 is offline Junior Member
    Shoulders are a tough area to rehab b/c you use them in some fashion in most daily activities. Take care of yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Synergy1 View Post
    Shoulders are a tough area to rehab b/c you use them in some fashion in most daily activities. Take care of yourself!
    yes, it is unfortunate I know. I just can't quit and won't. I know it is a stubborn way to be, but lifting has been a huge part of my life since I was about 24 or so... 10 years now. I just can't stop. I am careful about the pain however and not stupid to the point that when it hurts I keep going. I figure though I might as well try to add some thickness to my arms while I can.

Iron-56 is offline Associate Member
    What do you mean by light cycle? As long as you are eating correctly you will be able to get back to your previous size fairly easily. I would wait till full recovery and start a normal cycle. And besides, you might get carried away with strength increases and hurt your self even more.

bdos is offline Anabolic Member
    Take it easy muscle will come back full mobility of an abused injury wont, why no creatine?

Quote Originally Posted by bdos900 View Post
    Take it easy muscle will come back full mobility of an abused injury wont, why no creatine?
    kidney function was on the higher, but still normal side. I was told to cut the creatine out for a while by my doctor, and while I have read it really does not effect the kidneys.. I'd rather follow what i'm told.

What's the best way to get the kidney numbers down? Just more water? Less diet soda I assume? I drink chlorophyll now, but I think it's more for liver than kidneys.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron-56 View Post
    What do you mean by light cycle? As long as you are eating correctly you will be able to get back to your previous size fairly easily. I would wait till full recovery and start a normal cycle. And besides, you might get carried away with strength increases and hurt your self even more.
    My arms were never very big. I have pretty long arms for my size I think which makes them look even smaller. Curling 30 lbs is about my max 10-12 reps and then doing drop sets from there. I just want to add a little more thickness as I had said.

bdos is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boxingfan30 View Post

kidney function was on the higher, but still normal side. I was told to cut the creatine out for a while by my doctor, and while I have read it really does not effect the kidneys.. I'd rather follow what i'm told.

What's the best way to get the kidney numbers down? Just more water? Less diet soda I assume? I drink chlorophyll now, but I think it's more for liver than kidneys.
    Well follow what Turkish juicer says he knows what hes talking about i got advice off him and its working! Water is always good i drink 2/ 2.5litres aday

Quote Originally Posted by bdos900 View Post
    Well follow what Turkish juicer says he knows what hes talking about i got advice off him and its working! Water is always good i drink 2/ 2.5litres aday
    of course... that's why i'm here asking as many questions as I can. It's an odd injury. There is not rehab for it. I was told that the ONLY way to correct it is surgery, but the whole socket has to be basically reshaped, and they also have to take bone from my hip to stabilize it. The problem is that i've read some reviews on the surgery and it's not all bad, but there are plenty of people who aren't much better afterward as well. It's a lot of dealing with the pain for something that might not work that well.

Blog Entries
    Shoulder injuries are the worst imo, they completely put you down. I would take it easy before you mess yourself up worse.
    Think about it as an investment in your future, better to lay low now for a bit than be all screwed up later for a long time.
    just how i see it.

Thread Information