trenhead1 is offline Associate Member

Thoughts on this training routene

Every outher day going by chest and triceps in a session chest being heavy lifts
    Back byceps back being 1 session mainly heavy deads normally destroyed after that and can't continue then the next back session basic upper back
    Chest and shoulders I no its alot off chest but this session is only really 5 sets off low weight high reps on bench
    I no I've missed something out on that list that many are gonna be annoyed about lol

JWP806 is offline Senior Member
    You did not lay that out very well.

From what you said, it seems like you train chest and shoulders every other day?

You have two back routines (one that is coupled with biceps and one that is just upper back?

Then you have another chest day?

Lay it out like this:
    Day 1:
    Day 2:
    Day 3:
    Day 4:
    Day 5:
    Day 6:
    Day 7:

Why are you training chest so much? Do you have a leg day?

Yes sorry mate its like this

Day 1 chest triceps heavy on chest
    Day 2 off
    Day 3 back heavy deads and small workout for arms
    Day 4 off
    Day 5 chest shoulders all I do for chest this day is bench low weigh high reps main reason being is wanting to improve bench press its been working really well latley and want to get this 160 up
    Day 6 off
    Day 7 normally off but if feel recovered enough from push exercises reapet from day 1 but the next back session I do I will do basic upper back and byceps
    And I haven't been training legs latley sometimes do sqauts but that's all I'm really into for legs and I don't take it up for competing or anything its mainly down to a hobby and I just don't enjoy legs but as I say don't mind squats as much

JWP806 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trenhead1 View Post
    Yes sorry mate its like this

Day 1 chest triceps heavy on chest
    Day 2 off
    Day 3 back heavy deads and small workout for arms
    Day 4 off
    Day 5 chest shoulders all I do for chest this day is bench low weigh high reps main reason being is wanting to improve bench press its been working really well latley and want to get this 160 up
    Day 6 off
    Day 7 normally off but if feel recovered enough from push exercises reapet from day 1 but the next back session I do I will do basic upper back and byceps
    And I haven't been training legs latley sometimes do sqauts but that's all I'm really into for legs and I don't take it up for competing or anything its mainly down to a hobby and I just don't enjoy legs but as I say don't mind squats as much
    To be honest, I don't like it at all. Why are you training chest twice a week? When do you train biceps? I hope you aren't just relying on heavy deads or on day 7 sometimes.

What are your goals? BB or power lifting?

Quote Originally Posted by JWP806

To be honest, I don't like it at all. Why are you training chest twice a week? When do you train biceps? I hope you aren't just relying on heavy deads or on day 7 sometimes.

What are your goals? BB or power lifting?
    Am just trying to progress better on chest mate even though its going well ATM I've been training it alot ever since I started
    My goals are power lifting but staying in shape whilst I do so and I do do byceps mate there in with back day

cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    chest shoulders all I do for chest this day is bench low weigh high reps main reason being is wanting to improve bench press its been working really well latley and want to get this 160 up
    That's not going to improve your bench press

Thread Information