Wednesday

Nadda

Thursday

4 sets flat bench (between 8-12 reps)
    3 sets incline (8-12)
    2 sets flys (10)
    3 sets dumbell incline (10)
    3 sets standing military presses
    3 sets body-armor (intense shoulder workout)

Friday

CARDIO!!!

Saturday

Off

Sunday

off

RockyX is offline Senior Member
    Ummmmm Plz???

Domestic is offline Associate Member

Re: Someone please pick apart my workout

Monday

3 sets incline (8-12)
    2 sets flys (10)
    6 sets curls
    6 sets incline sit ups

***what are the curls in there for? 2 many excersizes for the chest - mite wanna try Dumbbell Bench Press over Flat Bench and Barbell Incline over Dumbbell Incline (safer)***

Tuesday

4 sets squats (heavy 5-8)
    3 sets leg extensions (10)
    3 sets leg curls (10)
    6 sets pull-downs
    3 sets straight leg deadlifts
    Run 1/2 mile, Walk 1/2 mile

***looks good i guess***

Wednesday

Nadda

Thursday

3 sets incline (8-12)
    2 sets flys (10)
    3 sets standing military presses
    3 sets body-armor (intense shoulder workout)

***shouldn't be working the chest area again. 1 body part per week.***

Friday

CARDIO!!!

Saturday

Off

Sunday

off <<< Cardio on this Day also.

flexgolf is offline Member
    yeah ur definitely overtraining. work a muscle group once a week. and i agree that u are doin too much chest work in one day. typically i do 8 high intensity sets of chest. and thats all for the week. if u go high intensity it shouldnt take many sets, and if u do low intensity, and more sets, its not worth ur while. i do chest, tris, shoulders on mon. legs wednes. back and bis on fri.

solidj55 is offline Member
    These guys gave you some good advice. I would hit chest once per week, cut down the volume. Stick to a flat and incline press and throw in some dips and pushdowns on Monday. On Tuesday hit your squats, stiff leg deads, and some calves/abs. Wednesday take off. Thursday hit some overhead presses, lateral raises, and shrugs. Friday hit deadlifts, row, pullups, one curl exercise and some abs. Youll be strait with that.

FancyLad is offline Junior Member
    yeah...i notice the name says powerlift, but if you're trying to put on size, try each pdypart 1x/week...also try to put major body parts on seperate days...especially try to get legs their own day and back its own day...this is what works best for me...hope it helps...

FancyLad is offline Junior Member
    btw...where in Texas..?

Maybe that is why when I am unable to lift one week and take it off my chest seems to just explode and I make some awsome strength gains...I probably should have figured I was over-training. It's just my chest is my pride and joy, at school it is what distinguishes me so I'm trying to keep them up-to-par...so how about 3 sets flat bench 3 sets incline and 2 sets arnold pullovers (or flys instead once in a while) once a week? Still over training??? Then on Tuesday I will hit 3 sets squats, 3 sets leg extensions, and 3 sets leg curls with 30 min cardio at around 140 hr. Wednesday off, Thursday 3 sets pull downs, 3 sets bent-over rows, and 3 sets chin ups. and Finally on Friday My military presses and body armor.

OH and Dallas FancyLad.

Domestic is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by teenpowerlift
    Maybe that is why when I am unable to lift one week and take it off my chest seems to just explode and I make some awsome strength gains...I probably should have figured I was over-training. It's just my chest is my pride and joy, at school it is what distinguishes me so I'm trying to keep them up-to-par...so how about 3 sets flat bench 3 sets incline and 2 sets arnold pullovers (or flys instead once in a while) once a week? Still over training??? Then on Tuesday I will hit 3 sets squats, 3 sets leg extensions, and 3 sets leg curls with 30 min cardio at around 140 hr. Wednesday off, Thursday 3 sets pull downs, 3 sets bent-over rows, and 3 sets chin ups. and Finally on Friday My military presses and body armor.
    bro, don't take this the wrong way but PLEASE try & be alittle more organized so we can read what you're doing w/o having to go through stuff. lol

anyways, you'll want to work your Triceps with your Chest and your biceps with your Back if you're tring to get your arms bigger.

as for the chest, try these excersizes for alittle while and see what you think:

Chest:
    Dumbbell Bench Press
    Dumbbell Fly
    Pec Deck Fly
    Barbell Incline Bench Press *optional*

try to keep the sets about 3 - 4 sets and the reps anywhere between, 6 - 10 or 8 - 12.

since you take pride in your chest, i wouldn't recommend doing 4 excersizes. cut one of those out and stick with 3. i only do 4 cuz i take pride in my arms. i go heavy on the chest to make my triceps bigger.

as for your quads, looks good there but you mite want to through in some lite sets of Lunges since you're working your Hams & Quads together.

goodluck

Yeah man sorry about the sloppiness, I was in class while I was writing that and was trying to hurry up so that my teacher would not see "ANABOLIC REVIEW" at the top of the screen instead of ENGLISH REPORT.

flexgolf is offline Member
    i think the best point mentioned thus far is the importance of not doin 2 major muscle groups in one day. i think there are 3 major muscle groups. chest and shoulders, back, legs. and since you are only supposed to work a muscle group once a week, try to spread these groups out as evenly as possible. tris go with chest and shoulders, bis go with back.

Thread Information