Thread: Lower back

fadedglory is offline Junior Member

Lower back

How to get rid f d fat on the lower back on the sides.. N what excercise is opt for the rib cage to show..??

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Lowering your overall BF% is a good start.

Deadlifts, low-rows, hyper-extention and many other lifting exercises will attack the fat reserves in that particular region.

Cardio is a must too. Try the elliptical fitness machine (space walk) instead of the bike or treadmill and make sure you stretch sides on the lower back in every step to get the most optimal results.

As for ''showing the rib cage.'' Well, basically all chest exercises will help you build a bigger & thicker chest, whether they are compound or isometric. Again, lowering the BF%, especially in the ''core'' will help revealing the chest.

Ok thanks man.. And is it true that u shudnt do abs the day you do lower back..??

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You can do abs and lower back the same day. No problem.

Papa Smurf is offline Senior Member
    Two Words

Stair Master

Long strides!!

tigerspawn is offline Senior Member
    It's simply impossible to burn fat in one area of your body. Fat loss occurs throughout your entire body at the same time. Your body breaks down fat for energy from all portions of your body so not to deplete any one single area. Fat acts as an insulator. It wouldn't make sense for your body to remove all the "insulation" from a single place. Aerobic exercise along with appropriate eating is the best way to burn fat all over your body.

Guys i think i have a problem with the lower back i noticed 3 dark spots on the spine and on d sides wat d f**k is dat..?? And now the lower back hurts..?? I think i messed up squats.. But wats wit d spots man..

Scottsdale is offline New Member
    This is a HUGE misconception... That one can simply to crunches and burn belly fat... you CANNOT target fat loss... yes do crunches, side bends, dumbell pullover, leg raise, etc for abdominal/torso muscle but tear them down and give them time to recover like any other muscle on your body. I see too many people doing abs ED or EOD thinking their gonna shred it off... the only thing they're doing is hurting progress in their core and burning calories. All you need to do is train your core, sculpt however you please, let it recover, maintain a clean diet, and ensure that you have a calorie-deficit. Let me say that again, 1) train 2) clean diet 3) calorie deficit = abs.

Scottsdale is offline New Member
    oh and add deadlifts into your routine. Deadlifts are your friend.

Thread Information