Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tigerspawn

Thread: Cardio question

>Good Luck< is offline Productive Member

Cardio question

Would it help shed bodyfat if I were to do cardio with extra clothing? I usually wear shorts and t but have been thinking to go with trackpants and sweater or even long sleeve & hoodie

Always trying to get more bang for the buck lol. AM cardio is not an option as I work early.

gmantheman is offline Associate Member
    No. You will just sweat more and maybe lose water weight.

cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    What he said, people wear clothes so they sweat more.. It does nothing for fat loss.

Sweating more doesn't mean burning more fat... Id workout in my freakin parka and snow pants if that were the case

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    You could wear a weighted vest or similar but you could probably just adjust the type of cardio you do.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

tigerspawn is offline Senior Member
    Wearing extra layers of clothing while running will only make you sweat profusely, it won't help you lose fat. The only weight you'll lose through running with extra clothes on is water weight. If you want to increase the effectiveness of your cardio always make sure you are hitting your target heart rate. Also, weight vest help intensify any standing cardio workout and will help you to lose more weight.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerspawn View Post
    Wearing extra layers of clothing while running will only make you sweat profusely, it won't help you lose fat. The only weight you'll lose through running with extra clothes on is water weight. If you want to increase the effectiveness of your cardio always make sure you are hitting your target heart rate. Also, weight vest help intensify any standing cardio workout and will help you to lose more weight.
    How will this help the OP?

OP.... What your basically asking is 'can you produce a thermogenic effect externally by 'keeping heat in''

The answer is probably not, and if you can create any effect it is probably worthless as your cardio performance is going to suffer since u will feel like pure crap.....
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member
    i dont wear clothes while doing cardio

Baseline 9 in answer to your question Good luck asked if wearing extra clothing would help him loose more weight I stated no it would not. Than I informed him of things that would help him burn more calories from same amount of cardio time. You asked "How will this help the OP?" Good Luck stated that he is "Always trying to get more bang for the buck lol." Doing the things I suggested will help him "get more back for the buck".

951thompson is offline Senior Member
    If you are very lean wearing clothing can make a difference, by making your stubborn fat cells warm, makes it easier for your body to take fat from them.

If you feel your lovehandles for example, they will more then likely be cold, because men have poor blood flow in this area of the body, this is the reason for the fat been stubborn. So by wearing a hoodie or even more extreme wear a plastic bin bag, for lean individuals this will help increase the blood flow to the stubborn fat areas.

Quote Originally Posted by 951thompson View Post
    If you are very lean wearing clothing can make a difference, by making your stubborn fat cells warm, makes it easier for your body to take fat from them.

If you feel your lovehandles for example, they will more then likely be cold, because men have poor blood flow in this area of the body, this is the reason for the fat been stubborn. So by wearing a hoodie or even more extreme wear a plastic bin bag, for lean individuals this will help increase the blood flow to the stubborn fat areas.
    This is excellent. Everything I have ever read states that body fat is taken from the body as a whole. If I wear extra clothing that helps heat up certain parts of my body it will help me lose weight in those areas? I would like to get more information on the science behind that. Where did you discover this information I would like to check it out?
    Vagabond101 likes this.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    This is excellent. Everything I have ever read states that body fat is taken from the body as a whole. If I wear extra clothing that helps heat up certain parts of my body it will help me lose weight in those areas? I would like to get more information on the science behind that. Where did you discover this information I would like to check it out?
    I'd imagine it is lyle McDonald's stubborn body fat book
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    I'd imagine it is lyle McDonald's stubborn body fat book
    Thanks

I said for people who are LEAN 12% below, people at this level of bf don't have whole lot of fat, what tends to be left is in there stubborn fat areas. These areas are cold due to poor blood circulation, this is what makes these areas stubborn. Wearing clothing can help warm up these areas increasing the blood flow to the stubborn fat areas.

Base is correct, well done, one point to your team I am indeed quoting what I have learned from Lyle McDonalds stubborn fat solution book.

I just skimmed The Stubborn Fat Solution. I read the books exercise section. I didnt see anything about making stubborn fat cells warm in order to target them.

I just skimmed The Stubborn Fat Solution. I read the books exercise section. I didnt see anything about making stubborn fat cells warm in order to target them.
    I've read the whole book from top to bottom, maybe you should before making false accusations.

You can't of read the exercise section very well because he talks about wearing thermal rubber shirts.

Tx89 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 951thompson
    I've read the whole book from top to bottom, maybe you should before making false accusations.

You can't of read the exercise section very well because he talks about wearing thermal rubber shirts.
    X2
    Yup, its all in there mate. Actually had a hard time believing it but some ab work prior to cardio plus thermoshirt and sweater actually gave me some random tingle in the belly area and I lost Inches from the waist faster than ever before.

Quote Originally Posted by Tx89 View Post

X2
    Yup, its all in there mate. Actually had a hard time believing it but some ab work prior to cardio plus thermoshirt and sweater actually gave me some random tingle in the belly area and I lost Inches from the waist faster than ever before.
    Thanks for that bud

Yeah the dude above should read the chapters, "why is stubborn fat stubborn" and "how fat is metabolized", before jumping straight to the workout protocol, then crying wolf.

If you don't read the whole book, you won't understand how the whole protocol works.

I’m not making any accusations. I’m trying to find the information that you were talking about or I wouldn’t have asked. The e version of the book I got doesn’t have any of those chapters you mentioned. Every version of the e book that’s available contains same information. If you know of another site that contains same version of book that you have please let me know.

Thanks for that bud Yeah the dude above should read the chapters, "why is stubborn fat stubborn" and "how fat is metabolized", before jumping straight to the workout protocol, then crying wolf. If you don't read the whole book, you won't understand how the whole protocol works.
    I didn’t jump straight to workout protocol I read 3/4 of book skimming over things that in no way could do with what you are talking about. I reread the chapters increasing Your Activity Level, Incorporating a Formal Exercise Plan, A Simple Circuit Program, and The Real Secret to Stubborn Fat Loss. I was hoping I could find what you were talking about. I wasn’t trying to step on your toes. Every post you have ever made has been very informtive so I know you know your Sh**. I’m trying to find information you’re talking about.

I'm not making any accusations. I'm trying to find the information that you were talking about or I wouldn't have asked. The e version of the book I got doesn't have any of those chapters you mentioned. Every version of the e book that's available contains same information. If you know of another site that contains same version of book that you have please let me know.

I didn't jump straight to workout protocol I read 3/4 of book skimming over things that in no way could do with what you are talking about. I reread the chapters increasing Your Activity Level, Incorporating a Formal Exercise Plan, A Simple Circuit Program, and The Real Secret to Stubborn Fat Loss. I was hoping I could find what you were talking about. I wasn't trying to step on your toes. Every post you have ever made has been very informtive so I know you know your Sh**. I'm trying to find information you're talking about.
    Don't think your reading the right book mate, because I've just checked and Lyle McDonalds book does'nt have any of those chapter titles. You sure the book is by Lyle McDonald? Because I know there is another book out called the stubborn fat solution by another author.

Down load states that its by him. I will attempt to find the one your talking about with the areas your talking about. Thanks for the clarification and i look forward to being educated on what your talking about.

MACKATTACK is offline EAT, TRAIN, REST
    I usually always wear a Hoodie when doing HIIT. I do it because I can cover my head when I go for the really intense segments. I just feel more comfortable that way personally, especially in a packed gym.

951 , baseline 9 and Tx89 thanks for letting me know this information was out there. Also, I want to thank you for ensuring that I got right source materials. Ones I had down loaded had same name of book same author name just spelled differently. Read alot of information on his web site Lyle McDonald - Bodyrecomposition. Went ahead and down loaded all his books except The stubborn fat solution because I couldn’t find the actual book anywhere. There were 6 different books with same title. I ended up getting copy emailed to me. This should entertain me for a while. Thanks again.

Thread Information