inklife is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Building a solid chest

To all you guys out there I'm sure this has been brought up tons of times but here it comes. Upper chest lacking I've read so many times change workouts, hit upper chest first thing. I still fall short of getting a rreally good upper chest idk what the deal is!? I really wanna fill out my chest. Also when I perform flies I honestly believe I'm not getting the full effect as hard as a try to hit good form! What are some tips here?? Also I read about decline bench. It stimulates the same part of the pec as regular bench also and some upper pecs! Do some people just do decline??

ppwc1985 is offline Productive Member
    I was lacking and started lowering to neck and pushing up from there, have to be careful but got some better upper chest development.

tigerspawn is offline Senior Member
    In lifting techniques and workout question check out the thread Collarbone Area Muscle. Yeah, the names misleading the thread is discussing building the upper pectoral and should be able to answer any questions you have.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    whats your chest routine

This should help you get the most from doing flies. Palms out, elbows just slightly bent, feel the stretch at the end of the movement. Never allow your arms to go below your shoulders. Over extending causes hyper-extension and can damage the rotator. Bring the weight all the way to the top and twist so that the weight touches on your pinky finger side. Hesitate and squeeze as hard as you can until you cant anymore. The squeeze is what helps damage the most muscle fibers and promotes growth. Flies are not about heavy weights, they are about technique. Don’t allow your ego to beat out technique. If you use the correct technique, this is one of the best chest exercises that you can do for mass and shape.

Check out KIA Green chest training on UTube. I find that showing someone how to do something is usually easy than telling them.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerspawn View Post
    Check out KIA Green chest training on UTube. I find that showing someone how to do something is usually easy than telling them.
    Awesome info man thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    whats your chest routine
    Start with barbell incline 2 warm up
    3sets 8-10
    Bench
    3sets 8-10
    Cable crossovers
    4sets 10-12
    Flyes
    3 sets 8-10