Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: better aem defition

MUSCLENUTANT is offline Banned

better aem defition

What can I do for better arm definition? No matter heavy weight, low reps or light weight, high reps, all I seem to do is add size.
    Attachment 137767

Gaspaco is offline "The Italian Stallion"
    Diet

I'm following clean eating. I was wondering if there are certain exercises that can help, maybe I need a change in routine

Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLENUTANT
    I'm following clean eating. I was wondering if there are certain exercises that can help, maybe I need a change in routine
    Its all about genetic, you have gifted arms, some people can do 100heavy sets and will never get size that you have.

I think I'm just too used to what I'm doing now. my arms aren't all that's big, my calves are 18.5", forearms 13" I need to shock my muscles, my arms are thick and have bulging biceps,I want that cut look.

tigerspawn is offline Senior Member
    Best way to get muscle definition is to burn off any fat that’s overtop of the muscles by increased cardio and diet.

thehor is offline Member
    Can you post your arm routine?

I'm already doing that. Have been for awhile. My cardio couldn't be more aggressive than it is, and be better than what I've been doing

Sure

Biceps
    currently, I'm doing low weight, high reps again
    concentration curls 25lb 40 reps, drop to 20lb to failure, 5 sets of that
    standing db curls 25lb 35 reps, drop to 20lb to failure - 5 sets
    hammer curls 25lb 35 reps, drop to 20lb to failure- 5 sets
    push ups - hands close to my body, fingers turned out 40 reps- 7 sets

triceps
    overhead triceps extension 25lbs 25 reps, drop to 20 lbs to failure- 6 sets
    triceps kickback 25lbs 35 reps, drop to 20 lbs, to failure- 6 sets
    dips bodyweight only 60 reps 1st set, reps to failure 4 more sets

thehor is offline Member
    On biceps try to not go over 9 sets, the biceps I believe is the smallest muscle in our body so there for we dont need to strangle it lol, also while doing compound exercises we work biceps alot. reps are pretty high as well try keeping them 12-18 reps unless you are doing 21s you. you really don't need super light weight to get them define all you need is ok weight. Make sure you keep a good form because some people tend to move alot with the back and shoulders and that can cause injury.

Triceps is where most of the work is done. I am no expert but id say keep it 12-15 sets. Also no need to go so so high on reps unless you are doing push up for triceps, or some dips. Key work here is mainly nutrition and cardio! Squeeze in 30 mins of cardio 3 times a week and you will see good results. Eat good and be healthy. Again I aint no expert and the guys might disagree with me in some areas here but hey this has worked for me good.

One last thing, This doesnt happend overnight! What im trying to say is this look at 3 years from now and see how much you will improve in those years. I have been at this for 6 years. I am an ectomorph that started at 130 and now I am at 174 with a height of 5'8 13% body fat and now I am learning more than ever after all this time.

Also keep in mid everyone body is totally different what works for me might not work as good for you but you gotta keep trying new things to see what actually works best for you! Good luck and Welcome to the forums!
    Last edited by thehor; 04-25-2013 at 10:40 PM.

Thanks. I am doing cardio. Everyday, 45 min on the stairmaster, level 10. I don't drive, don't even own a car, I walk everywhere I need to go. I normally follow a strict carefully planned diet, following clean eating. That diet I posted, was not what I usually follow, but I wondered how up to par it was. I normally lift a lot heavier when training, but my efforts to switch from a powerlifter's body to a bodybuilder's have been desperate and I've been willing to try anything.

crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances
    You still drive home that it is not diet. New threads, new question just takes another avenue to take the direct attention off your diet. You want definition. well you could do nothing but stay tight and hard just maintenance and if you lost that FAT TISSUE that surrounds in and between as well as covering your bicep you would show more of what you want.
    It is diet not arm routine. Diet, cardio, loose BF% this is no a moot point.
    Also Are you one probably, that wants big guns and don't give a sh!t about the way they look as a whole Where's the pics we asked. Diet and we will see your FAT biceps. and some lines and striations in them. Where they start and where to stop, gota get my pants out of my a$$ while you get your head out ? ...crazy mike

At 38% body fat what is left for big at 18%. Where does 20% go. food for though. Take 20% off your arms ...HUH ?
    Last edited by crazy mike; 04-25-2013 at 10:48 PM.

you don't know shit. I don't drive anywhere, asshole, if you can read, I walk everywhere I have to go. I do cardio, I do diet. Shut you ****ing mouth already, you don't know what the fk your talking about.

crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances
    This is nuts. Look at all your posts and you only talk about biceps. A BB thinks and looks at all body parts like waist. But I ask what is the plan for symmetry . Triceps, you have no traps, you have no shoulders, your great bicep pic shows the lack of all the other parts and you look nothing like anyone who works anything BUT BICEPS. You are rounded from your neck to your outer shoulders, your forearms and the back of your hand look like it I stuck a pin it them they would explode with water. Now this is brutal what all I said, BUT this is what I see and your BICEPS, not your ARMS is all we have talked about.
    So stop talking and start DIETING CORRECTLY FOR YOUR BODY and WHAT YOU WANT TO DO NOW ! cotton out of ears and cotton in you mouth, Enough said from this pantie wad man.............crazy yep, but I know what I know

PS girl that's the point cardio for you, diet for you. Are you getting the ripped results, you say no, ask how to. CARDIO FOR YOUR BODY NOT MINE, DIET FOR YOU with RESULTS my little lady. IT's what is working or not working. Enough is when it works
    Last edited by crazy mike; 04-25-2013 at 11:18 PM.
    Alright john likes this.

thehor is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLENUTANT View Post
    you don't know shit. I don't drive anywhere, asshole, if you can read, I walk everywhere I have to go. I do cardio, I do diet. Shut you ****ing mouth already, you don't know what the fk your talking about.
    Forgot to tell you. Drink plenty of water and sugar is a big enemy when it comes to staying lean, dont get me wrong we all need sugar but use it healthy. No sodas and really sugary juices.

you are really a stupid mf. I have discussed other body parts, and how I work them. Just not in threads you've been trolling. I do more cardio in a day, then you do in 3, So again, back the fk off, you are going off shit, you don't know what the **** you're talking about. I have traps, shoulders. the back of my hand is hard and no fat on it at all now, would make you cry to your momma if I used it the way I want to on you.

Go it, already doing it! Thanks!

you are really a stupid mf. I have discussed other body parts, and how I work them. Just not in threads you've been trolling. I do more cardio in a day, then you do in 3, So again, back the fk off, you are going off shit, you don't know what the **** you're talking about. I have traps, shoulders. the back of my hand is hard and no fat on it at all now, would make you cry to your momma if I used it the way I want to on you.
    Hello MN,

Your post is agains the rules(NO FLAME POLICY), Crazy M. is respectable member and good guy that didn't want to hurt your feeling just tell you that DIET is the key to get DEFINITION.

Please read the rules

Board Rules !!!! Please See !!!!

That is a flat out lie, his last insulys and pretty much, all his insults were meant to be mean and hurtful.

That is a flat out lie, his last insulys and pretty much, all his insults were meant to be mean and hurtful.
    It is HIS point of view on it. You can get mad at it but not the way you did, by cursing you are not offering any helpful information.

You have VERY big arms maybe even bigger than mine according from pictures that you posted, but you ASK everybody on this board what should you do to get better DEFINITION, the only answer is DIET. Diet is the key to gain size and to gain definition.

From your picture I cant see your other body parts too good, cant judge.

I think I came to the wrong place being a beginner,still in my first year. Everyone here has been doing it several. I also have the issue of no thyroid, no metabolism. I've lost a lot of weight since my last annual scan for the thyroid cancer. yep, tht's right you can all feel good putting down a cancer survivor, the same cancer Roger Ebert's started as. going off that replacement hormone for the scan really screws things up, plus the damn diet restrictions I had to follow.I was 269 in December, now 196.

From 269 to 196 that is incredible!

Hold up your diet and you will reach your goal of being huge with nice definition.

And you come to right place MN, trust me!

Best of luck accomplishing your goals.

I wish I could feel I came to the right place. Everyone keeps telling me to do what I've been doing since I started.

thehor is offline Member
    I wish I could feel I came to the right place. Everyone keeps telling me to do what I've been doing since I started.
    Listen you say you have 1 year and you lost that much weight! That is really good honestly. Like I said before this doesnt happend over night. You will see results just give it time. Dont think about aas right now.

I lost that much since December, not when I started in August. The Damn Thyroid Cancer scan screwed things up, I gain a crap load of weight everytime, no choice, nothing I can do about that.. And having no thyroid, no metabolism makes it super herd to maintain, let alone lose weight.

auswest is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    This sport takes decades or dare I say a life time...why are you expecting instant results, you've done well to date so keep persisting at it, you want definition, definition comes with low body fat which is achieved by using more calories than you are consuming, wether that be through diet or physical activity.

Every single thread you have started you have been given this advice do you not see a pattern here? You say your diet and cardio is fine... So stick with it and you will get there, once your weight loss plateaus you will have to re-assess your diet and training, and im sure if you come here asking for help you will receive it, from some very well educated and experienced people..

You seem to be all about your biceps, there is more to bbing than biceps, lift up your shirt and check out what you are carrying on your stomach. You may have more fat to lose than you really think, and just because you can't grab fat on your flexed bicep does not mean there is none there, I can almost guarantee once you have dieted down to a respectable weight where muscle detention will be apparent you will have lost at least 2" from those arms...
    You talk about wanting to be huge... You are huge so diet down so your muscle become visible once again this takes alot of time and dedication..

You see every piece of advice as an attack.. You have a terrible attitude, you are being told the truth.. Sometimes the truth hurts...

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Your biceps will look more defined if you lose some bf, when I drop my bf and my arm size goes smaller my arms look bigger. Well done on your progress so far and keep up the good work.

I mention other body parts in my introduction to the form, and in other threads, I'm only asked about and attack on my biceps, so that's what I've dealt with. I nev er said I want instant results or expect them, seem like people expect me to though. I said of the bat, I just started 9 months ago.

Thanks. I wish I didn't feel like I have to starve myself now, Everyone assume I need to diet, that I'm overweight and don't do cardio. I guess going from 269 in December 2012 to 196 now, I must still be overeating, and lazy,huh?

auswest is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Thanks. I wish I didn't feel like I have to starve myself now, Everyone assume I need to diet, that I'm overweight and don't do cardio. I guess going from 269 in December 2012 to 196 now, I must still be overeating, and lazy,huh?
    What are you talking about.....you've done an amazing job so keep on going, what is it you don't understand.....if you are still seeing results don't change anything, once the results plateau then adjust you calorie intake, what more do you want to hear?

You don't have to starve yourself while dieting but if you want more definition that's what your going to have to do. Get a solid diet plan going and cardio routine and things will start taking shape.

All through the threads up until the last few entries, everyone keeps telling me diet, cardio, I keep telling them I'm doing it, have been, I got specific a couple time, but no one heard it, the held on to their belief and opinion., and even after I said what I do for cardio and diet, they still kept coming at me telling me I need to do cardio and stop overeating. I explained I don't have a thyroid, and the situation with why that's has increased the bf, but did people read it, no. They saw two words, no thyroid, and ran with that, to tell me again how I'm overeating, and that's my problem.

I am doing a crap load of cardio, and I'm very careful with my diet.My body didn't drop 53 lbs in 4 months on it own. I guess I stop eating all together then.

I am doing a crap load of cardio, and I'm very careful with my diet.My body didn't drop 53 lbs in 4 months on it own. I guess I stop eating all together then.
    Well done, keep it up

If you keep it up I am sure the definition will be come more visible in time, nothing happens over night

well done on your progress

Thjanks, I guess. After the way I keep getting talked to here, I feel like it's not good enough or fast enough.

thehor is offline Member
    All through the threads up until the last few entries, everyone keeps telling me diet, cardio, I keep telling them I'm doing it, have been, I got specific a couple time, but no one heard it, the held on to their belief and opinion., and even after I said what I do for cardio and diet, they still kept coming at me telling me I need to do cardio and stop overeating. I explained I don't have a thyroid, and the situation with why that's has increased the bf, but did people read it, no. They saw two words, no thyroid, and ran with that, to tell me again how I'm overeating, and that's my problem.
    By people telling you to diet properly they are not referring on you going on a eat fruit all day and eat fluids all days. What they mean is to clean up your diet as in eat healthy foods. Trust me I was raised with nothing but bad food, when I say bad I dont mean it tasted bad I mean bad food actually tastes the best but its not good for your body. You need to eat lean foods and also to speed up your metabolism you have to eat portions throughout the day. Just count your calorie intake and you should be god to go.

Thjanks, I guess. After the way I keep getting talked to here, I feel like it's not good enough or fast enough.
    If your happy with your progress that's all what matters. Keep doing what your doing and I am sure the definition will start appearing.

I'm already doing that. I have said a couple times I am very careful with my diet, I follow clean eating very strictly.my metabolism has to do with my thyroid, and me no longer having one due to cancer, which I have explained.But everyone wants to keep picking out a few words here or there, not the whole picture.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Sounds to me like you need help from medical professionals...

For your thyroid as a starter....
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

Already doing that, it's an addressed issue, I've had a specialist for 12 years now. once a thyroid is removed, even with replacement, metabolism decreases to almost nothing. My Drs are the ones telling me 53lb lost in 4 month, it having been mostly fat, is a great accomplishment, that's hard to do with my circumstances, they all support my goals.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information