Fcarey32 is offline Associate Member

Anyone here into cycling for cardio?

Anyone know any good cycling trails in the south Florida area? I'm trying to find more entertaining forms of cardio, cycling always looked kinda goofy, but I guess you can't knock it till ya try it. lolol

mrgall is offline New Member
    Ive done both road and downhill riding defo one of the best cardio exercises and adrenaline rush! Much better than a gym bike! Dont know any locations but im sure theres information online for you!

Fcarey32 is offline Associate Member
    I'll definitely look Into it! What's a reasonable price for a 10speed bike? Just looking for a ball park answer.

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    Check out markham park. It's in Weston. It's a massive park w every kind of recreation possible. I know they have some serious trails there although I've never ridden them.

DeniZen is offline Associate Member
    If you can afford a good quality used road bike, expect to pay at least $500-$1,500. Stick to the name brands...Cannondale, Trek, Specialized, Giant, Fuji.

If thats too much, there are plenty of 10-20 year old aluminum bikes on Craigs List for less than $500. Just make sure the bike fits you. Nothing worse than the wrong size frame.

You'll find serious cycling is the best low impact cardio ever!
    Last edited by DeniZen; 05-27-2013 at 07:40 AM.

Brazensol is offline Productive Member~ Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I love it! Easy on the joints too. I bought a WalMart special mountain style bike (weighs about 2 tons, maybe more) in early April. First ride was maybe 3 miles and I was sucking air by the time I was done. lol. Now I can ride 20 miles a day at around 16 mph. Beats the heck out of running but it does take more time.

Thread Information