Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By baseline_9

Thread: Tricep mass

Rostigaxt is offline New Member

Tricep mass

Anyone have any good tricep routines for mass?
    I am currently doing the dorian Yates hit training but I don't feel like my tris are getting any bigger

Dougiefresh7707 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rostigaxt View Post
    I am currently doing the dorian Yates hit training but I don't feel like my tris are getting any bigger
    I do dy hit training and triceps got big quick if your doing the workout right your diet may be lacking.

Gaspaco is offline "The Italian Stallion"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougiefresh7707

I do dy hit training and triceps got big quick if your doing the workout right your diet may be lacking.
    Agree here! You have to fuel you body to make it grow!

Gaspaco is offline "The Italian Stallion"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rostigaxt
    You need to go until failure, not be able to do another rep even tho somebody wants to kill you!!!

Hulking2016 is offline Junior Member

All about genetics you might just grow quicker than him

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    Skull crushers, Close.grip bench
    Weighed dips at.closed end of the dip bars. The open end works the chest more. The closer the bars get, the more you'll move the focus to triceps

Overhead dumbbell press
    Seated tricep press

Cable pushdowns never did much for my triceps as far as mass but are great for hardness/definition

Quote Originally Posted by Hulking2016 View Post
    All about genetics you might just grow quicker than him
    If you eat right and train dy style you will grow period do some more research please befor you give advice just so your clear befor posting. Genetics play a role at a certain point but we don't know where the op is at currently so the advice I can give is vague based on what he posted, we cannot rule in or out genetics at this point, but it doesn't sound like his genetics have anything to do with this particular situation.
    Last edited by Dougiefresh7707; 05-30-2013 at 01:02 AM.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaspaco View Post
    You need to go until failure, not be able to do another rep even tho somebody wants to kill you!!!
    You don't need to go to failure to grow....

To grow you need to add progressive tension overload combined with a calorie surplus to fuel growth....

OP, what are you currently doing?

Are you gaining weight at an acceptable rate? 1-2 lbs per month?

Are you making progress on your lifts in the gym? Is the weight slowly going up?

If you answer no to any of the above then that right there is your problem
    Java Man and clarky. like this.
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

Brazensol is offline Productive Member~ Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Here is what I've been doing for what it's worth. Since I have just started to lift again (early April) I am only doing skullcrushers and pulley pushdowns, Doing 8-10 reps for 3 sets each and when I can get 10 reps on all three sets I increase the weight a bit. I have started to take the last set to failure. On the pulley pushdowns I immediately drop the weight (easy to do on the pulley system) and do more reps to failure and then drop one more time. Even though I've lost ~30# my arms have grown about 3/4 inch most of which has been the tricep.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazensol View Post
    Here is what I've been doing for what it's worth. Since I have just started to lift again (early April) I am only doing skullcrushers and pulley pushdowns, Doing 8-10 reps for 3 sets each and when I can get 10 reps on all three sets I increase the weight a bit. I have started to take the last set to failure. On the pulley pushdowns I immediately drop the weight (easy to do on the pulley system) and do more reps to failure and then drop one more time. Even though I've lost ~30# my arms have grown about 3/4 inch most of which has been the tricep.

Looks like hit pretty much but you don't have a partner? I love tricep workouts they seem to blow up quick do you do any lat head workouts like seat triceps extensions?

Hulking2016 is offline Junior Member

If you eat right and train dy style you will grow period do some more research please befor you give advice just so your clear befor posting. Genetics play a role at a certain point but we don't know where the op is at currently so the advice I can give is vague based on what he posted, we cannot rule in or out genetics at this point, but it doesn't sound like his genetics have anything to do with this particular situation.
    I don't need more research I have a friend with crazy genetics and he has only worked out for about 6 months now and he looks like he has bin lifting for years and his vascularity is crazy so I have seen this many other times as well I'm not trying to be rude but I have just seen proof of this

Quote Originally Posted by Hulking2016 View Post
    I don't need more research I have a friend with crazy genetics and he has only worked out for about 6 months now and he looks like he has bin lifting for years and his vascularity is crazy so I have seen this many other times as well I'm not trying to be rude but I have just seen proof of this
    That is t genetics he just doing it right I would t say my genetics are great but I can gain or lose upward 10 pounds in a month if I wanted to cuz I know how gaining is easier for me losing isn't but if you do it right you can get big quicker than you think.

Brazensol is offline Productive Member~ Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougiefresh7707 View Post
    Looks like hit pretty much but you don't have a partner? I love tricep workouts they seem to blow up quick do you do any lat head workouts like seat triceps extensions?
    I workout with my son but it is hard to strip the bar (skullcrushers) and not get overly rested. There is another bar (diff. weight though) that I guess could be set up in advance as long as it's not being used. I pretty much only do the two I mentioned with maybe a few sets of seated dumbbell extensions but I have been doing this for ~8 weeks now and it is probably time to change it up some. Got to keep the body guessing!

Quote Originally Posted by Brazensol View Post
    I workout with my son but it is hard to strip the bar (skullcrushers) and not get overly rested. There is another bar (diff. weight though) that I guess could be set up in advance as long as it's not being used. I pretty much only do the two I mentioned with maybe a few sets of seated dumbbell extensions but I have been doing this for ~8 weeks now and it is probably time to change it up some. Got to keep the body guessing!
    That's cool man I workout with my dad but I train him lol, I love tricep and delts I have a set routine too but I just switch 2 weeks ago I go about 8 weeks also, sometime ill just switch the order up or do machine instead of free. To me when your failing your failing body doesn't know what workout your doing.

BluPhin is offline Associate Member
    That's cool man I workout with my dad but I train him lol, I love tricep and delts I have a set routine too but I just switch 2 weeks ago I go about 8 weeks also, sometime ill just switch the order up or do machine instead of free. To me when your failing your failing body doesn't know what workout your doing.[/QUOTE]

Do you mind sharing your tricep/delt routines ?

Quote Originally Posted by BluPhin View Post
    That's cool man I workout with my dad but I train him lol, I love tricep and delts I have a set routine too but I just switch 2 weeks ago I go about 8 weeks also, sometime ill just switch the order up or do machine instead of free. To me when your failing your failing body doesn't know what workout your doing.
    Do you mind sharing your tricep/delt routines ?[/QUOTE]

Everything I do is in my log take a look.

http://forums.steroid.com/members-cy...g-log-1-a.html

BluPhin is offline Associate Member
    ^ OK, thanks bro!

Rostigaxt is offline New Member
    Sorry guys, haven't been on here in a while.
    Anyways I have probably gained 3 pounds since I have posted this. I threw in close grip bench press into my routine.

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by Rostigaxt View Post
    Sorry guys, haven't been on here in a while.
    Anyways I have probably gained 3 pounds since I have posted this. I threw in close grip bench press into my routine.
    3lbs of tricep mass or 3# total? How's the tricep mass doing?

Ignorant is offline New Member
    Overhead exercises, the long lateral head of the tricep gives the most visual size.

skaz915 is offline Member
    I like good old cable pulldowns but do drop sets on them. Also I like to take dumbells and turn my palms facing each other and hold the dumbells together during the whole exercise. This is like a super close grip bench so it also works chest slightly but I love it for triceps

Thread Information