Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By dickster
  • 1 Post By tigerspawn
  • 1 Post By etownfit

Thread: Cleans

dickster is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries

Cleans

Any other body builders out there do cleans.

Normally a powerlifting exercise, I started doing them a few years back and all my lifts went up, 6-8 reps, 3sets ,washes me out more than squats, great lat,trap and leg work out.

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    I don't anymore but basic powerlifting movements like clean, squat, dead, bench, etc work your core foundation. You will get stronger everywhere. Its what everyone getting into lifting should do for a few yrs before doing any isolation movements. Its why you don't see people with massive legs and skinny upper body. We see skinny legs and ok upper body all the time though... Because they didn't build a foundation first.

crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances
    Quote Originally Posted by Java Man View Post
    I don't anymore but basic powerlifting movements like clean, squat, dead, bench, etc work your core foundation. You will get stronger everywhere. Its what everyone getting into lifting should do for a few yrs before doing any isolation movements. Its why you don't see people with massive legs and skinny upper body. We see skinny legs and ok upper body all the time though... Because they didn't build a foundation first.
    Yep I agree with that. ...crazy mie

I agree with what cm said above

tigerspawn is offline Senior Member
    I don't anymore but basic powerlifting movements like clean, squat, dead, bench, etc work your core foundation. You will get stronger everywhere.
    I always preform clean, bench, squat, and deadlifts. Most people don’t do cleans anymore.
    Its what everyone getting into lifting should do for a few yrs before doing any isolation movements.
    That’s the number one problem with modern gyms they are filled with isolation machines. People see twelve different machines that work arms and use them all. We all know that free weights are the most effective way to build mass. Most noobs see the machines and don’t bother with free weights.
    Its why you don't see people with massive legs and skinny upper body. We see skinny legs and ok upper body all the time though... Because they didn't build a foundation first.
    I agree that most people develop their upper bodies and neglect their lower. I disagree on the reasoning. Most people only want to work show muscle and neglect everything else. That’s why I see guys working out arms and chest several times a week. Most people hate doing things that they consider hard. That’s why a lot of individuals avoid doing squats and deadlifts.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerspawn View Post
    I always preform clean, bench, squat, and deadlifts. Most people don’t do cleans anymore.

That’s the number one problem with modern gyms they are filled with isolation machines. People see twelve different machines that work arms and use them all. We all know that free weights are the most effective way to build mass. Most noobs see the machines and don’t bother with free weights.

I agree that most people develop their upper bodies and neglect their lower. I disagree on the reasoning. Most people only want to work show muscle and neglect everything else. That’s why I see guys working out arms and chest several times a week. Most people hate doing things that they consider hard. That’s why a lot of individuals avoid doing squats and deadlifts.
    Totally agree with you. I mis-typed too I don't to cleans anymore. I lumped all of those core lifts together as if saying I do none of them now. I do everything I listed except cleans.

Whatever their personal reason, or just plain neglect or laziness, it looks ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by dickster View Post

Normally a powerlifting exercise, I started doing them a few years back and all my lifts went up, 6-8 reps, 3sets ,washes me out more than squats, great lat,trap and leg work out.
    I love your thread titles, dickster... 'Milk', 'Cleans' one word, no drivel get right to the point. I love it! Don't have to guess what's in the thread.

dickster is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Haha Java Man, no point beating about the bush, it is nice to know cleans are not dead, I train at home, have a huge shed, went to the gym for first time in years recently, was doing cleans and everyone looked at me as if I was mental haha.
    Java Man likes this.

tigerspawn is offline Senior Member
    Whatever their personal reason, or just plain neglect or laziness, it looks ridiculous.
    It looks good if you are in a wheel chair.
    Java Man likes this.

etownfit is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dickster View Post

I am just getting into traditional Gym lifting but I have incorporated Olympic/power lifts in my work outs for the past 5 years....really focusing on heavy clean and jerk and snatch in the past year and 1/2. My strength has gotten ridiculous everywhere, along with improved coordination endurance ect....I def say do them if you know how to do them right
    Last edited by etownfit; 05-30-2013 at 09:20 PM.

etownfit is offline Female Member
    I always preform clean, bench, squat, and deadlifts. Most people don't do cleans anymore.

That's the number one problem with modern gyms they are filled with isolation machines. People see twelve different machines that work arms and use them all. We all know that free weights are the most effective way to build mass. Most noobs see the machines and don't bother with free weights.
    I def agree!! However if done wrong with out supervision Olympic lifts like clean and snatch can cause serious injury so I can see why people avoid them especially people new to the Gym. I've seen some seriously ugly form it makes me cringe!!!
    No one likes to see an ugly snatch!! :P
    Java Man likes this.

Thread Information