-KJ- is offline Productive Member

Insanity training for cardio..

So I am not and will not follow a full Insanity program BUT what do you guys think about it as an off day HIT cardio session.

have any of you done/used it?

I have tried various workouts in it and it is brutal cardio with very little rest periods.

Blog Entries
    why not bro...my wife was into it for a while so I tried some of the dvds with her to be supportive...it truly is brutal cardio and all the peeps in the video are all trainers of some sort and it kicks there asses so it will be effective as cardio if your looking to go that route...good luck...

Quote Originally Posted by ghettoboyd View Post
    why not bro...my wife was into it for a while so I tried some of the dvds with her to be supportive...it truly is brutal cardio and all the peeps in the video are all trainers of some sort and it kicks there asses so it will be effective as cardio if your looking to go that route...good luck...
    Cheers bro..

Was just looking into it to mix things up instead of the standard HIT / cardio! If it was a PWO thing id reduce the workouts to 20 min

GrimmReaper is offline Senior Member
    KJ, it will definely do the job. I have also done it with my gf and it is very difficult. You will be tired afterwards, we still do it occasionally together because running can get pretty damn boring at times.

Quote Originally Posted by GrimmReaper View Post
    KJ, it will definely do the job. I have also done it with my gf and it is very difficult. You will be tired afterwards, we still do it occasionally together because running can get pretty damn boring at times.
    yeah thats what my plan was! full insanity on days off and reduce it for PWO.. If Im feeling tired and worn down 30 minutes steady state may help

Brett N is offline Senior Member
    Insanity was too brutal for me, P90X was a little more my speed. All insanity did was make me want to puke trying to keep up - definitely insane. If you can keep up, your cardio is on a whole different level.

Thread Information