Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By marcus300
  • 1 Post By tigerspawn
  • 1 Post By Java Man
  • 1 Post By Hydrokracker

Thread: Quads

un4gettable is offline New Member

Quads

What do yall do to work on getting size(i think its called a sweep) on your quads? I feel like my legs are a lil small. Ive gotten my calves to react by separating their training day from quads n hams n with 2 supersets. But seems like i cnt get my quads to react. Narrow stance on L. Press shoulder width on squats Toes pointed in on leg extentions....wat do yall do?

evander87 is offline Senior Member
    As a football player we only went to parallel on our squats. Never felt those in my quads always in my glutes and hams. Now for the first time I'm dropping ass to grass with lighter weight and I'm really feeling it in my quads. Under control, great form, going looooow.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Outer sweep - hit the hack squat with feet close together. Heavy intense and hard and watch that outer sweep grow
    M302_Imola and Hydrokracker like this.

belva is offline Member
    Perhaps it might be my Olympic weightlifting background where we squated in different ways working on low reps normally 4 times a week, which unless you want to compete in that discipline I don't advice. but I believe if you want to add size to your leg just squat, I would avoid leg extension and just squat. You might want to work on low reps 5x5 for few months thant work on higher reps 12-10-8-10-12, then move to frontal squat etc.. Well, I love squat and my leg day is called squat. so that it's all I can suggest.

tigerspawn is offline Senior Member
    Hack squats feet close together and touch your hams to your calves.
    Super-Chump likes this.

gymsoldier is offline Associate Member
    Just make sure your knees don't go over your toes.

Quote Originally Posted by evander87 View Post
    Now for the first time I'm dropping ass to grass with lighter weight and I'm really feeling it in my quads. Under control, great form, going looooow.
    Decreasing weight and ensuring that we drop into the hole while squating will cause explosive quad growth.

Squats. Bar held front. Squatting. Heels raised on thick matt. N I live my leg extensions. Squeeeezzzing them to hell at top. All heavy. If 6 rep easy. Move up. N keep hitting that too weight for at least 2-3 sets. Leg press. Set legs low down. Loads of ways. Just hit em so hard your sick
    Good luck

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    Deep. Squat, hacks, press, whatever. Keep your calves together and go so deep that it hurts your balls. I see very few people doing a full ROM with legs. That's why few people have sweep.
    Hydrokracker likes this.

Hydrokracker is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Java Man View Post
    Deep. Squat, hacks, press, whatever. Keep your calves together and go so deep that it hurts your balls. I see very few people doing a full ROM with legs. That's why few people have sweep.
    you preform half reps you get half results, you preform full reps you get full results. It's that easy
    Java Man likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Java Man View Post

So as long as it hurts my balls I'm getting a good leg work out? Man my legs should be huge after my GF gets done with me.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerspawn View Post
    So as long as it hurts my balls I'm getting a good leg work out? Man my legs should be huge after my GF gets done with me.
    Different kind of ball hurt lol.

RipOwens is offline Member
    I like the hack squat here, burns me up...

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrokracker View Post
    you preform half reps you get half results, you preform full reps you get full results. It's that easy
    It really is

For got to mention work on ur putter quads too if I remember right u gotta squat wide for that. N u can hit ur satoris (top front of quad) using knee raises on a laying down reverse leg curl machine. Alternative is is on of those leg raising points with dumbbell between ur feet. Just make sure ur not using ur and. Just ur legs. Think kai green demonstrated this in one of his leg workouts.

Oh also. Squats. Holding the bar between ur legs. Wide stance. Keep ur hips well well forward. The bar should be touching ur balls from the bottom to the top. Now you will be surprised at how little weight u can lift with that.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorPectorial View Post
    The bar should be touching ur balls from the bottom to the top. Now you will be surprised at how little weight u can lift with that.
    What should you do if you’re really old and your balls touch the floor without squatting down? Times, Lunk, CM do you guys have any suggestions for this?

yosimitesam is offline Associate Member
    Hard to add anything to what the rest of the guys have said. If you don't have access to a hack squat or leg press, then you can make sure you're working the high bar (Olympic) squat, bring your legs in closer, and like the others said, ass to grass. Raised heels have already been mentioned, and investing in a pair of weight lifting shoes with an elevated heel can help you emphasize your quads more when doing squats as well.

You can also do front squats, which are great for the quads. Takes a while to get used to, but there are front squat harnesses you can buy, or inexpensive plastic supports you click on the bar and rest on your upper arms to keep your throat from getting smashed and for those of us that have absolutely no flexibility in the wrists. Front squats also work the shite out of your core.

You can do lunges, sissy squats and blast leg extensions. Sled pulls in reverse are also effective, but then again, you'll need a sled.

No reason you can't get massive quads, so get to it.
    Last edited by yosimitesam; 07-03-2013 at 11:07 AM. Reason: forgot to add an important point

Quote Originally Posted by tigerspawn View Post

What should you do if you’re really old and your balls touch the floor without squatting down? Times, Lunk, CM do you guys have any suggestions for this?
    Then get a hammock for ur balls.

Thought old ppl wore y fronts cuz of this... lolz.

N ur never old!!! Just..... aged... like a fine wine... n a real good steak... mmmm..

I'm off to eat

Thread Information