Rookie75 is offline Junior Member

Consistant forearm pain

The last few weeks I have been getting increased forearm pain. Sometimes hard to grip. My weights have been increasing but not to a level I feel that is to I shouldn't be able to handle. I stretch them a bit but find the stretching causes more pain. I usually wait 2 -3 days and it goes away but this throws of my routine. Any suggestions or ideas to help me work through this.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rookie75
    The last few weeks I have been getting increased forearm pain. Sometimes hard to grip. My weights have been increasing but not to a level I feel that is to I shouldn't be able to handle. I stretch them a bit but find the stretching causes more pain. I usually wait 2 -3 days and it goes away but this throws of my routine. Any suggestions or ideas to help me work through this.
    How long have you been training? I see you have completed one prior cycle. We generally advocate people train consistently for 2-3 years naturally to give the body and connective tissue time to stretch and grow. Steroids will increase muscle mass when combined with appropriate training and nutrition, however, if you haven't spent several years in the gym first, steroids won't help your connective tissues and the added strain of larger muscles on these connective tissues will cause repetitive stress and strain injuries (strains, partial tears, inflammation).

There are a number of remedies that might reduce the pain, but in most cases, time off and lifting lighter is the best course of therapy and recovery. You have to give your connective tissue time to grow stronger or you WILL injure yourself.

CMB
    CMB is offline Senior Member
    Join the club... lol.

bdos is offline Anabolic Member
    Inb4 masterbation comments
    Ease up on choking the chicken

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    How long have you been training? I see you have completed one prior cycle. We generally advocate people train consistently for 2-3 years naturally to give the body and connective tissue time to stretch and grow. Steroids will increase muscle mass when combined with appropriate training and nutrition, however, if you haven't spent several years in the gym first, steroids won't help your connective tissues and the added strain of larger muscles on these connective tissues will cause repetitive stress and strain injuries (strains, partial tears, inflammation).

There are a number of remedies that might reduce the pain, but in most cases, time off and lifting lighter is the best course of therapy and recovery. You have to give your connective tissue time to grow stronger or you WILL injure yourself.
    This makes sense as I started with ASS way to soon. I am just coming up on 1 year of disciplined training and only a few months of a more disciplined diet. I started with some terrible advice from a local "dealer". I have put the ASS on the shelf until I get my diet at a superb level and develop more mature muscles. I feel I have made such great gains since the end of cycle and I am now lifting more intense then when I was pinning but I need to re-evaluate what I am doing.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bdos900 View Post
    Inb4 masterbation comments
    Ease up on choking the chicken
    Bahahaha, good one. I have this part taken care of for me though by a lovely ripped female.

MakeEveryRepCount is offline Junior Member
    Foam rolling is a miracle worker. Or if you don't want to look like a tard-o at the gym rolling your forearms buy a lacrosse ball and do it on your table at home.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeEveryRepCount View Post
    Foam rolling is a miracle worker. Or if you don't want to look like a tard-o at the gym rolling your forearms buy a lacrosse ball and do it on your table at home.
    Good idea! Lacrosse ball it is, lol

Hydrokracker is offline Junior Member
    is it in the muscle, tendon, or cartiladge?

I have tendonitus in both elbows which flares up when I train back or bis/forearms

Rest, Ice, compression, Elevation (RICE) is the only thing that works for tendonitus. or surgery
    Last edited by Hydrokracker; 06-11-2013 at 06:27 AM. Reason: sp

Try msm crystals. Buy em pretty much anywhere n cheap as hell. Like. Really cheap. Take 5g's a day for life. You'll notice a difference within 1.5-2months. Take it myself for rotator cuff pain.
    Note. This assists in the repair of certain tissues n is not a painkiller. I have tramadol. (Nuproxen and amoxicillan) for inflammation. Massage the area regularly to increase blood flow several times a day thus again increasing the rate of repair. I simply can't lay off they gym. But that's me. Take a lil break. Use straps to assist on pulling exercises (I am personally against straps as I think this just leaves u weaker than before). But they may give ur forearms a break.
    Oh. N I'd advise against my painkillers n antiinflammatories. Ur better off trying the msm crystals alone first.

Robot Body is offline New Member
    Like Major Pec said, MSM works well. Try icing for 30 minutes after training sessions. Lately I've also been using straps for all pulling and pressing movements. Most people might shit on that, but it really helps with grip strength which if you're having forearm pain is probably an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrokracker View Post
    is it in the muscle, tendon, or cartiladge?

I have tendonitus in both elbows which flares up when I train back or bis/forearms

Rest, Ice, compression, Elevation (RICE) is the only thing that works for tendonitus. or surgery
    Tendons for sure. When I run my hand down the underside of my forearm along the bone I can really feel it. If I push to hard it is very irritated.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorPectorial View Post
    Try msm crystals. Buy em pretty much anywhere n cheap as hell. Like. Really cheap. Take 5g's a day for life. You'll notice a difference within 1.5-2months. Take it myself for rotator cuff pain.
    Note. This assists in the repair of certain tissues n is not a painkiller. I have tramadol. (Nuproxen and amoxicillan) for inflammation. Massage the area regularly to increase blood flow several times a day thus again increasing the rate of repair. I simply can't lay off they gym. But that's me. Take a lil break. Use straps to assist on pulling exercises (I am personally against straps as I think this just leaves u weaker than before). But they may give ur forearms a break.
    Oh. N I'd advise against my painkillers n antiinflammatories. Ur better off trying the msm crystals alone first.
    Great, I will try these crystals. I am going to try and avoid the straps as I feel more natural without them but I may have to if I see no improvement in the future. Pain killers I will avoid unless completely necessary...I just get frustrated when extra rest gets in the way of my motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by Robot Body View Post
    Like Major Pec said, MSM works well. Try icing for 30 minutes after training sessions. Lately I've also been using straps for all pulling and pressing movements. Most people might shit on that, but it really helps with grip strength which if you're having forearm pain is probably an issue.
    Are you saying that if I am gripping to hard I may be irritating these tendons? I will try the MSM, message, ice and see what happens. I am trying to avoid straps but it may be necessary going forward.

Thanks all! I will try some of these suggestions and update in a week or 2.

Robot Body is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rookie75 View Post
    Are you saying that if I am gripping to hard I may be irritating these tendons? I will try the MSM, message, ice and see what happens. I am trying to avoid straps but it may be necessary going forward.
    I mean usually when doing free weight movements, especially heavier pressing or pulling movements, gripping the bar hard is ideal. If you're having forearm trouble, using straps on these movements can help you maintain that strong grip while taking some of the pressure off of your forearms. I just recommend this because it's a technique that I've been using recently, as I have the same problem, and my forearms don't seem to be as stiff or in the same amount of pain since I started doing this.

Brazensol is offline Productive Member~ Recognized Member Winner - $100
    At the risk of opening up a can of worms... Would (not wood) one of those wand type vibrating massagers applied to the forearm (or any MUSCLE/TENDON problem area) be of value? Would it help to loosen up any scar tissue and help bring in additional circualtion? Or would it do more harm than good? Ok, hit me with your best shot BUT also leave a serious comment too!

Quote Originally Posted by Robot Body View Post
    I mean usually when doing free weight movements, especially heavier pressing or pulling movements, gripping the bar hard is ideal. If you're having forearm trouble, using straps on these movements can help you maintain that strong grip while taking some of the pressure off of your forearms. I just recommend this because it's a technique that I've been using recently, as I have the same problem, and my forearms don't seem to be as stiff or in the same amount of pain since I started doing this.
    I am going to pick some straps up then. I worked out yesterday and didn't go to my max on heavy and I still feel pain. I picked up the MSM crystals as well.

fbomb1990 is offline New Member
    Most times it's simple overuse from things like a keyboard. Lifting can cause it to get even more agrivated. Look up good forearm stretches. And lay off things that cause your forearms stressed

CMB
    CMB is offline Senior Member
    staps can be a best friend if utilized properly... for instance, I use them on my hamstring days during exercises such as deadlifts. I am not trying to build grip strength, I am training my hamstrings.

Its official, pain killers work best!

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Here is a real simple one.

Make sure when doing exercises like curls you keep your wrist straight...that is do not curl the wrist as you would when you do a forearm curl. This will make a night and day difference for most.

Thread Information