Psaletta is offline Member

Fat butning zone

Ok, first off let me say I hate cardio but I know it's needed. I'm trying to find out what is the accurate bpm for fat burning. I've read 130 or 80% of your max bpm or hiit... So which one is it? I've been doing 45 min of bike or tread mill 3x a week after training. I haven't really notice any leaning out and it's been a month. I'm clearly cutting and am at a 500 cal def training 5x a week super clean. I'm coming off of a bulk that was very successful but now need to trim up. Thanks

BIGTIMEPUSH is offline Associate Member
    What are your macros?

Brazensol is offline Productive Member~ Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Daily calories? Macros? Body fat %? Height? Weight? Social Security #? Name of your first born? lol... OK, just need the first three!

2500cal
    5'11"
    185#
    50/40/20

Have you tried cycling your carbs?. And are u eating good complex carbs. Not simple?

Still need to know your bf percentage... If your eating 2500 calories a day and that's with a 500 calorie deficit it should put your body fat somewhere in the neighborhood of 0% (or less) bf... which is impossible! If your 185 pounds was pure lbm you caloric intake to just stay at 185 is ~2775 calories! Can you post some pics or get to a bod pod?

If your current body fat is ~20% the ballpark estimate with a 500 calorie deficit is about 1,720 calories a day. You aren't getting results because your intake is way to high. Anyone else want to check my numbers?
    Last edited by Brazensol; 08-02-2013 at 10:34 PM.

Did you use one of the online TDEE calculators to get that 2500 cal number?

bigsiv is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Psaletta
    2500cal
    5'11"
    185#
    50/40/20
    How do you get a 50/40/20 split? That's 110% lol

Quote Originally Posted by bigsiv

How do you get a 50/40/20 split? That's 110% lol
    Haha.. Sorry, 15hr shift yesterday kicked my ass. 50/30/20

Quote Originally Posted by Brazensol
    Did you use one of the online TDEE calculators to get that 2500 cal number?
    I'm 15% bf. I got blood work done a week ago as well as a physical and got it measured. And sadly yes I did use an app to get the occultation on my cals. I know they are not exact but close. What do you suggest?

Quote Originally Posted by Brazensol
    Still need to know your bf percentage... If your eating 2500 calories a day and that's with a 500 calorie deficit it should put your body fat somewhere in the neighborhood of 0% (or less) bf... which is impossible! If your 185 pounds was pure lbm you caloric intake to just stay at 185 is ~2775 calories! Can you post some pics or get to a bod pod?

If your current body fat is ~20% the ballpark estimate with a 500 calorie deficit is about 1,720 calories a day. You aren't getting results because your intake is way to high. Anyone else want to check my numbers?
    Also, I'm off cycle right now and am worried ill lose to much mass if my cal intake is that low. I was taking clen but we didn't get along so I gave it up.

If you know your weight and bf% a pretty simple and good ballpark way to calculate it is take your lbm x 15. So, 185 - 15% = 157 pounds of lean body mass. Multiply it by 15 and you get 2,355 calories per day to maintain your current weight. Remember this is a ballpark figure but a pretty good one. You will have to make some tweaks to it most likely but they should not be much. Now if you want to cut you have to subtract whatever deficit you want to use with 500 being fairly typical and this would put your daily caloric intake @ 1,855.

The problem with the tdee calculators is they tend to ever estimate. I started off by using one and ended up gaining weight becuase it was too high. To give you and idea of my level of activity I lift four times week and do cardio 6-7 days a week for 75-120 minutes per day. Using the above formula I did lose a lot of fat (~45 pounds worth since late March) but I admit I've also lost some lean body mass too. I used 400 as my deficit most of the time in hopes of not losing to much lean but not sure if it made much of a difference to be honest.

You might want to take a look at the stickey's concerning carb cycling and dieting 101; cutting.

http://forums.steroid.com/nutrition-...1-cutting.html

http://forums.steroid.com/nutrition-...%2A%2A%2A.html

Thanks braz. I appreciate the knowledgable feedback!!

Thread Information