Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    corkay128 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    96

    How do mma fighters lift weights

    how do mma fighters lift weights what types of sets and reps do they do?

  2. #2
    951thompson's Avatar
    951thompson is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,405
    Quote Originally Posted by corkay128 View Post
    how do mma fighters lift weights what types of sets and reps do they do?
    You want to be doing explosive exercises, press ups where you explode fast so your hands come off the ground. If you are not strong enough do it leaning on a bench. Jump squat repeats are good, both exercises build explosive punching power. Incorporate them into circuit training.

    When you lift weights, go really slow on the negative then explode as fast as you can on the positive, again this build explosive power.

  3. #3
    corkay128 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    96
    ok I see anywhere I can go for more info would you know? I am a bigger guy and am having cardio issues Im 5'11 and about 200lbs

  4. #4
    951thompson's Avatar
    951thompson is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,405
    Quote Originally Posted by corkay128 View Post
    ok I see anywhere I can go for more info would you know? I am a bigger guy and am having cardio issues Im 5'11 and about 200lbs
    Look for explosive exercises on YouTube.

    As for cardio, brisk walk for one hour in the morning on a empty stomach.

    Also do 5 mins of HITT twice per week (after weight training). Sprint 30 seconds then rest 30 seconds, repeat for 5 mins.

    Go to the nutrition section to get your diet checked.

  5. #5
    >Good Luck<'s Avatar
    >Good Luck< is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    bed, work, gym, kitchen
    Posts
    3,212
    Quote Originally Posted by 951thompson View Post

    Look for explosive exercises on YouTube.

    As for cardio, brisk walk for one hour in the morning on a empty stomach.

    Also do 5 mins of HITT twice per week (after weight training). Sprint 30 seconds then rest 30 seconds, repeat for 5 mins.

    Go to the nutrition section to get your diet checked.
    Hi jacking this to save the server!!

    Is this hiit 5 mins post workout good to build cardio for someone particularly weak in the cardio or good for other reasons as well?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •