Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Back In Black

Thread: Am I overtrained?

Iopu is offline Junior Member
    I have recently lost all motivation to lift. Just the thoughts of going to the gym is making me feel ill. I have recently been on a cycle so I was lifting much more weight than I am used to.
    Do you think I am overtrained? I may be just sick. Have you ever experienced this? I haven't but maybe it's from being on cycle?
    I'll probably take a week off.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    When was your last shot?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

6 days ago. 500mg of test e. I have decided to cut this cycle short after 7 weeks. For this reason and because I want to get my hpta restarted since I am still a little young. I am turning 25 in one month.

500mg in one shot? What was your protocol including AI?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Only because it was my last shot before ending the cycle. I was taking 250mg twice per week.
    I followed the "long Esther with an oral(dbol )" cycle from the common beginner cycles thread. I can't post a link now because I'm on my phone.
    There is also a possibility the test I was using in the last 2 weeks was bunk. I have another brand of test on hand. But I have decided to just end the cycle.

What AI and what dosage were you running?

There was no need to suddenly double your test and make your levels unstable, even if it was only one shot.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

I was running aromasin 10mg per day. I took 500mg in one day because I tried to pin my glute with a 1" pin and some of the oil leaked out. So I decided to do another shot in my quad and make it my last shot. Since I was about to end the cycle.

So you have a hormone imbalance by the sound of it. You may have sent your E2 too high. That should resolve itself in the very near future as your test levels drop and you enter PCT. have you stopped your aromasin already?

Why do you think you are Overtrained?
    Last edited by Back In Black; 06-30-2013 at 11:35 AM.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Yes I stopped the aromasin yesterday as I wasn't sure if I was to continue to take it into pct.
    I was sorry I took so much test at once. I felt like I had taken too much!
    Thanks for clearing that up for me, I thought I was overtrained because this is the first time I have ever had zero motivation to lift. I wondered if the sudden increase in weight I was lifting had caused it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iopu
    Yes I stopped the aromasin yesterday as I wasn't sure if I was to continue to take it into pct.
    I was sorry I took so much test at once. I felt like I had taken too much!
    Thanks for clearing that up for me, I thought I was overtrained because this is the first time I have ever had zero motivation to lift. I wondered if the sudden increase in weight I was lifting had caused it.
    Keep with your aromasin up to PCT.

You have a PCT plan in place? You know how to adjust your diet accordingly?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Will do.
    Yes I will be taking nolva and clomid. I do have my diet in place. But I need to lower my calories. I have been taking 4200 and I am putting fat on fast. I was thinking about reducing that to 3500 by tomorrow.

Don't reduce calories in PCT, you will lose all. Remember you need to make for lack of test until your natural production kicks back in. Normally you would increase calories. If you have been eating an excess and gaining, maybe you can keep them the same.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Ok so, I'll keep my calories where they are. Maybe I'll try to increase my activity level if I look like I am gaining too much bodyfat.

Quote Originally Posted by Iopu
    Ok so, I'll keep my calories where they are. Maybe I'll try to increase my activity level if I look like I am gaining too much bodyfat.
    Nope, shorter more intense lifting workouts and less cardio. Fat gain is almost inevitable on PCT if you want to keep your gains.

Curious, why did you stop your cycle just when the test e would have been doing its best work?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances
    Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Nope, shorter more intense lifting workouts and less cardio. Fat gain is almost inevitable on PCT if you want to keep your gains.

Curious, why did you stop your cycle just when the test e would have been doing its best work?
    ^^^ How true what BIB says. Also my experience a few cycles ago my Test didn't kick until week 5 and this cycle it just started to really kick in on the beginning of week 7. Patience. Do you realize the changes you want your body to undertake in just a few weeks, Huh. I say always give your Test 6-7 weeks even if you feel 5 is adequate, it's not. My true experience. ....crazy mike

And not just once, many cycles years ago !! ...cm

Ignorant is offline New Member
    As BIB stated, it more then likely looks like a hormonal imbalance due to your cycle.

There are a few reasons why I am ending the cycle early. I was gaining way too much fat (I was fooled by a friend that claims he eats 4500 calories on cycle and loses fat!) and I have already had great results. My bench press has gone up 55lbs.
    Being my first cycle. I am also a little nervous about my recovery and I would like to get out early and get my natural test back in action.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignorant View Post
    As BIB stated, it more then likely looks like a hormonal imbalance due to your cycle.
    Thanks man. Thats good to know. I wasn't sure if I should train or not, if I was only making the problem worse, by forcing myself to lift.

MakeEveryRepCount is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    How long after your cycle do you keep your calories elevated? Until normal hormonal function returns? If you wanted to do a cut after your cycle how long would you wait?

Quote Originally Posted by MakeEveryRepCount

How long after your cycle do you keep your calories elevated? Until normal hormonal function returns? If you wanted to do a cut after your cycle how long would you wait?
    Elevated until the end of pct at least them you can drop to maintenance. You should avoid cutting for 6 weeks or so after PCT and even then, it should be a slow cut.

This is what people don't do. This is why people lose their gains.
    MakeEveryRepCount likes this.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Thread Information